The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Christians - why the disagreement?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:19 am

Yes. Absolutely disagreeing. The first couple hundred years of Christianity, when Christianity grew in leaps and bounds, Christians were killed and persecuted en masse. There was no force or intimidation by Christianity until Constantine hijacked it. That, in my opinion, is when it became something other than true Christianity. A Christian is someone who tries, and does, lead a Christ centered life. Someone who is using force cannot claim that.

The people throughout history (mostly deployed by the Catholic Church) who conquered territories and tried to force people to bend a knee to Christ, are conveniently labeled practicing Christians by people who don't know... and don't really want to know... what they are talking about.

Furthermore, the biblical account of the conquest of Canaan is again--conveniently--blended with the New Covenant so that somehow, Christians are aggressive, bloodthirsty warmongers who exert their power over others.

There is a lesson here. To the cynics and skeptics, anyone who even so much as hints at being a Christian and does a bad thing, is used as cannon fodder to represent the whole Christian Church. Not because the people claiming so truly believe that professed "Christian" really is a Christian, but, because they have this inner drive to prove to themselves and their listeners that Christianity is wrong. No different than Obama blaming Mitt Romney for the death of some uninsured lady whose husband lost his job in a Bain Capital bailout, years after Romney left the Bain.

Q mark and Frostedman,

I agree with your disagreement. For I too have noticed this absence of the understanding of both History and the Word.

What I also notice is that in times today of intelligences, Wisdom and Public Education...men of letters and degrees...that they would deliberately blurr or deceive about the line between these groups who would use/misuse or counterfeit the Word for the purposes and glory of men...and what the Word says about the conduct of the Lord's Church...and his people.

I notice that it is automatic with Time and Newsweek magazine that when they speak of the Lord's Church..that they automatically reference the Church at Rome as if it is a default setting to automatically represent all of Christianity.

Once I caught on to this fingerprint...I notice it almost every time for the deception it is.

The key word to me is...from the Bible in the form of ..

"For they have filled the land with violence"

This is a key index or fingerprint of with what we are dealing throughout the world.
The attempt by men of logic and reason..by education...is to put this onus off on Believers and their Beliefs..while totally ignoring history and what it teaches us...especially since the Enlightenment about the true nature of men.

This is what eventually and recently led me to discover R. J. Rummel and his "Democide". A concept which most of the Intelligences of today will totally ignore while trying to run Believers over the coals. You will also notice that the Atheist leaders also ignore this line of thought. So too does Time and Newsweek and other while going after Believers.

It was not until I read John Fox and his "Book of Martyrs" that I began to take notice of this history and then compare it to what history today does not teach or cover. This is when I began to turn against much of "Public Education" for it's deliberately keeping people ignorant ..particularly of History and the significance of History to our lives.

The amount of what they will not teach us next to it's importance in our daily lives is significant and telling of a pattern ..which is also taught to us in The Word.

And yet ..at the same time I fault our own ministers for not teaching their flocks to properly defend the Faith against such as this. They are not teaching the Whole Armour of God. They are just teaching the sugary parts..not Salt.

Thanks for your posts,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 am

^psycho.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 am

^psycho
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 am

^psycho.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 am

AM NOT!
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 am

:eh:
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am

Unlike you, I denied it which means you really are a psycho.
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Indeed.
DIss0n80r

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts