The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

A Case for Intelligent Design

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby DIss0n80r » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 am

greeney2 wrote:
DIss0n80r wrote:Yup, and irrelevant to anything I've posted last page. Just another kneejerk blizzard of words that completely ignore anything of substance, much like Tom's huge walls-of-raving-text.

I'm still waiting for people to discuss the excellent Ken Miller ID video I posted. And by discussion, I mean actually address legitimate points made.

Some of us value learning real facts about the real world, not just memorizing and regurgitating religious propaganda on cue.


Who would know what you post that has substance, if all they have to do is sort though all your trolling, and clogging the board with more of your nonsence posts you have been repeatly warned for. Seems to be no end to your thinking the rules don't apply to you. Any more stupid videos for you to regurgitate?


Would you care to elaborate in greater depth about the stupidities in the Ken Miller ID video I posted? Or do you only have ad hominems and warped reasoning to fall back on, like delusional Tom?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby DIss0n80r » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 am

DIss0n80r wrote:


Here it is again, in case anyone forgot how to find it. I look forward to reading another muddle of pointless histrionics, avoidance of fact, and inept reasoning. :roll:

And Tom, please be sure to add more of your own lengthy biblically-inspired interpretations of reality. They are... interesting, at least, and such long-winded preaching could almost be mistaken for genuine conversation if you squinch your eyes and believe just so. :wave:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:14 pm

greeney2 wrote:whine whine whine


:D

orangetom1999 wrote:at1with0,

That may be but God's portrayal is distorted and corrupt and the law given in Leviticus is quite sinister.



You do indeed bring up an excellent point here at1with0. Excellent and my thanks to you for bringing it up. This is a teachable moment here.

I am indeed to know what the Law of Moses states. Indeed.

But with the advent of the Cross..I am under Grace...not under the Law. For we are told that the Law is our schoolmaster that we know what came before and why Grace happened.

Those who would attempt to hold us to the Law are, like many, declaring it is not a finished work.

Grace tells us that it is a Finished Work. Grace is one of the names, among many, for Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins.

I don't need to do works for salvation...or for any goal. I am under His authority of Grace..not under the Law of Moses....which is Bondage ..after the bondwoman and her son ....Ishmael.

Grace is under Issac...not under Ishmael.

The Word goes on to say and declare that those of Mt Sinai...under the Law of Moses given at Mt Sinai are in bondage with her children. This means the Hebrews today as well. Those under Olde Testament Law...ie...Leviticus.
(Galatians Chapter 4)

For we are all Priests unto the Most High God. No need for a Levitical Priesthood. No need for a sacrifice..it is finished, No need for a Holy Day, No need for a Holy Land, Our King is in Heaven ..not among men. No need for a Temple.
All these things too are finished.

Simple ..is it not??

You are correct about much of the Olde Testament...ie...Leviticus..which is why we are under Grace.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom


It sounds like a convenient way to rationalize rejecting parts of the Bible that are unsavory.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:56 am

at1with0,

It sounds like a convenient way to rationalize rejecting parts of the Bible that are unsavory.



So your point about Leviticus is that we need, in this day and time of Grace, to go back unto the Olde Testament Bondage and carry on under the Levitical law...so that you and others can hold us accountable to this??


You are aware that my point all along...even before I knew about R. J. Rummels post about Democide and 262 million people being killed and slaughtered by their own governments and outside of war..or in addition to war...that it is a very convenient rejection or omission of history by rational, reasonable, logical men to put the onus on all bad things on the God of the Bible.

That logical men ..men of reason ...must always reject history in order to bring glory upon themselves and logic and reason.

When you know the history of men of reason and logic...since the time of Enlightenment..since the French revolution...their track record is very very very unsavory.

You know..at1with0...while I am thinking about it..the nations outside of Ancient Israel...those nations not under Levitical law of which you speak...what was their track record of unsavory deeds?? Do you even know??


You might want to check that out for yourself before you point fingers.

As I keep trying to say here...and for which so many want to avoid ...while clinging to the religion of logic and reason..and at the same time avoiding the history of men.

I submit to you and the readers out here ...that men of logic and reason avoid the history of men to hide the unsavory aspects recorded concerning this very history of men. They are still doing this today..in "Enlightened Times."

Because they hate Issac..and love Ishmael.


Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 am

Oh, I'm sure there are many directions to point my finger in addition to Leviticus, a corrupt set of laws.

My original point stands.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 pm

at1with0,

Oh, I'm sure there are many directions to point my finger in addition to Leviticus, a corrupt set of laws


Really??? Olde Testament Laws??

Tell me ..which one/ones. I am curious to know as to which ??

Orangetom
orangetom1999
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Far be it for me to tell you what you should think of as being corrupt laws.
I invite you to read Leviticus again and see for yourself.
I am not about interpreting people's Bibles for them.
I am just saying that what is in there I find revolting.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Oh...no..at1with0,

I think you misunderstand me...

You stated that

That may be but God's portrayal is distorted and corrupt and the law given in Leviticus is quite sinister.


and then here..too...

Oh, I'm sure there are many directions to point my finger in addition to Leviticus, a corrupt set of laws.

My original point stands.


Then followed by this...

Far be it for me to tell you what you should think of as being corrupt laws.
I invite you to read Leviticus again and see for yourself.
I am not about interpreting people's Bibles for them.
I am just saying that what is in there I find revolting.



I am not asking you to tell me what I should think of as being corrupt laws. I am asking you to tell me what you think are corrupt laws in the Olde Testament. Also even in the New Testament.

I am not asking you to interpret the Bible for me or anyone else out here. It is ok with me if you find it revolting.

After all..you are the one with emphasis on this point of corruption and what is unsavory.

I also think some of the other readers out here would like to know what you think is unsavory and corrupt from both the Olde and New Testaments...or Leviticus if you prefer mostly that.

I am not asking you to interpret the Bible for me..I am asking you to stand by what you are declaring in specifics..not for me..but for your point on which you seem want to stand...without specifics.

The point stands here.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 am

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Are you gonna make me quote Leviticus?

I found this quote online... it's a good start.

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)


Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Some of you out there may find this stupid video informative:

"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
User avatar
DIss0n80r
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests