The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Can I ask religious people a question please?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Thu May 07, 2009 4:41 pm

creamhero wrote:Tsk tsk. Simple answers from simple minds.You do like to go school "kiddie" on us don't you?

Yo poopy pants...I was stooping down to your level. It was just way too easy.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Thu May 07, 2009 4:50 pm

screamzero wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Getting back on topic...

Lashmar wrote:Why did god wait thousands of years to show himself in form of religion?

Not just "thousands"...try hundreds of thousands.

There was a Babylonian scholar named Berossus (3rd century B.C.), who had access to many cuneiform texts and wrote a three-volume history of the world. The first volume had to to with the duration between the Creation and the Flood, a time period where approximately 432,000 years existed in-between, which was much, much longer than the Old Testament account. But these volumes were destroyed in the Alexandrian Library along with all the other precious textbooks. The church's Fantasyworld was on the brink of destruction, so of course they had to annihilate the evidence that their religion was a load of crap, so they could continue to control the masses.

Your so full of b-u-u-ul sh*t. Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea.

That's BS. One side claims it was on purpose, the other says it was an "accident." There's no proof. I don't believe for one second it was an "accident." They had all the motive in the world to burn down that library.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Nesaie » Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Hey Lashmar,

I saw a youtube video about a Brazilian tribe that de-converted a Christian minister. They were basically Atheists and only believe in what they saw. The guy came out with a book about it. So, not all tribes were pagan or had a need to believe in any type of Deity or Deities.

http://atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/ ... ue-atheist

http://www.atheistnexus.org/video/south-american-tribe (video)

It makes me wonder how many more tribes with similar beliefs may have existed in the past. Maybe the idea of God(s) is a recent one that ancient tribes never felt the need for and assuming that all tribal people were religious is pretty stupid.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby screamzero » Thu May 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Lashmar wrote:Why did god wait thousands of years to show himself in form of religion?

Not just "thousands"...try hundreds of thousands.

There was a Babylonian scholar named Berossus (3rd century B.C.), who had access to many cuneiform texts and wrote a three-volume history of the world. The first volume had to to with the duration between the Creation and the Flood, a time period where approximately 432,000 years existed in-between, which was much, much longer than the Old Testament account. But these volumes were destroyed in the Alexandrian Library along with all the other precious textbooks. The church's Fantasyworld was on the brink of destruction, so of course they had to annihilate the evidence that their religion was a load of crap, so they could continue to control the masses.[/quote]

Your so full of b-u-u-ul sh*t. Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea.[/quote]

That's BS. One side claims it was on purpose, the other says it was an "accident." There's no proof. I don't believe for one second it was an "accident." They had all the motive in the world to burn down that library.[/quote]

Why say anything then, brick head. Even the great you doesn't really know according to your spastic diatribe.

"So who did burn the Library of Alexandria? Unfortunately most of the writers from Plutarch (who apparently blamed Caesar) to Edward Gibbons (a staunch atheist or deist who liked very much to blame Christians and blamed Theophilus) to Bishop Gregory (who was particularly anti-Moslem, blamed Omar) all had an axe to grind and consequently must be seen as biased. Probably everyone mentioned above had some hand in destroying some part of the Library's holdings. The collection may have ebbed and flowed as some documents were destroyed and others were added. For instance, Mark Antony was supposed to have given Cleopatra over 200,000 scrolls for the Library long after Julius Caesar is accused of burning it.

It is also quite likely that even if the Museum was destroyed with the main library the outlying "daughter" library at the Temple of Serapis continued on. Many writers seem to equate the Library of Alexandria with the Library of Serapis although technically they were in two different parts of the city.

The real tragedy of course is not the uncertainty of knowing who to blame for the Library's destruction but that so much of ancient history, literature and learning was lost forever."

Selected sources:
"The Vanished Library" by Luciano Canfora
"Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" by Edward Gibbons

So your favorite version is null and void as well. Why preach it. Why tell only part of the story? Your some kind of wise guy revisionist. A propaganda bitch..You related to Edward Gibbons, the staunch atheist or deist who liked very much to blame Christians and blamed Theophilus? Creep.
screamzero

Postby Nesaie » Thu May 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Ah...my chosen religion is now trying to be thrown in with those who aren't religious. Interesting tactic screamer, let's see how well it works. ;)

E_H, the library of Alexandria has always intrigued me. Before the destruction, the tax paid to enter the city was a book...information. Wow! What a concept. Before you can enter this city...give us literature, history, information...Wow...It seems more important than rocks or paper and other monetary forms.

Yet, the destruction of that library, if I'm not miseducated by the Catholics, is blamed on both the European "christians" and the muslims during the crusades. They both blame each other. Yet both have histories of trying to keep their followers ignorant.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 08, 2009 3:38 am

event_horizon wrote:Not just "thousands"...try hundreds of thousands.

I was trying not to start a full-scale war against the religious ones.

It might blow their minds finding that out. :lol:

1.8 million years he waited. very odd if it's true. :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 08, 2009 3:42 am

screamzero wrote:
Dark-Samus wrote:If there is anything close to a God, I`m sure it would not even hear what 99,9% of all humans on this planet has to say. :roll:

DEAD WRONG!

DEAD WRONG YOURSELF!

If you were god you wouldn’t listen to things that are below you.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 08, 2009 3:45 am

Nesaie wrote:Hey Lashmar,

I saw a youtube video about a Brazilian tribe that de-converted a Christian minister. They were basically Atheists and only believe in what they saw. The guy came out with a book about it. So, not all tribes were pagan or had a need to believe in any type of Deity or Deities.

http://atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/ ... ue-atheist

http://www.atheistnexus.org/video/south-american-tribe (video)

It makes me wonder how many more tribes with similar beliefs may have existed in the past. Maybe the idea of God(s) is a recent one that ancient tribes never felt the need for and assuming that all tribal people were religious is pretty stupid.

Interesting, thanks I’ll look into that. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 08, 2009 4:13 am

DEAD WRONG!

It´s enough that americans consider themselves better in everything than the rest of the world.
That is a sin in religions to feel superior and happy on others suffering and pain and surely does not appeal to god now does it? :roll: :lol: :twisted:
Say what you want.

And as Lashmar said, why would it listen to insignificant things like you anyway?
Oh wait, is it because it says in the bible right?
That you will be judged?
You have already judged yourself into hell thinking the way you do. :twisted:

YOU HAVE ALL LOST! :twisted:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 08, 2009 4:49 am

That was a bit extreme but the general idea was right. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts