The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Can I ask religious people a question please?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby screamzero » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Questioner101 wrote:If we follow what's happening when physicists "observe" electrons, (searching whether they're waves or particles) and the electron "complies" with whatever the "observer" needs to finish their calculations....and turn that principle into if "god" is the observer, and humans are the electrons....do humans "change" to please god?? Or do they "rebel" to be onery?
Perhaps the creator...decided his "observations" were interfering with human development?

Immutable laws are already determined...which means the electron might not comply as man might assume. I would feign to dare not venture how or by whom...but we sure can eventually find out why. However, there is constructive purpose in upsetting apple carts.

I swear if you feel discomfort or curiosity, your going to figure out a solution or an answer to it if ever one gets on the right track...and pain and disappointment will force you in the right direction or you will crack up and perish or not find real satisfaction. That's life on Life's terms. Not one wit here is gonna change that. The electron will comply any way it's been "programed" to...and so will anything else, no matter how ignorant we are of it. All we gotta do is hide 'n watch and apply a bit of effort to learn the secrets...and their constantly unfolding...and it's a gas...or none of you would be out here on the play grounds tradin' punches.

Unlike some of the religious doggerel that abounds, I seriously doubt a G-d that's going to invest in a creation to waste it. That would make him an awful dumb ass bidness man, in which case we would be better off without Him.

G-d being weary of playing with his creation. How laughable is that? Tell us all why the children are gonna build another rocket. Then you'll have less doubts. Mercy is the heart of G-d. No one gets wasted. The wicked waste themselves. Humans change if they choose...as for electrons....
screamzero

Postby Aquatank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:08 pm

I'm more curious how humanity went through a long animal phase replace it with a long Goddess phase, replace it with a short pantheon phase and then replaced that with an even shorter but current monotheistic God phase.
Aquatank

Postby screamzero » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Evolution
screamzero

Postby Aquatank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Sorry that isn't evolution, its a bit of cultual diffusion and swamping but it isn't evolution. The fact is many of the cultural rites and iconography of the pre-pantheon era are still quite imbedded in todays society. A 15000 year old belief system is something that sticks around in human society more than a meager 2000 year or younger one. Thats why its been making a comeback.

The question is why/how did the male/God dominated religions takeover? Agricultural was a woman's occupation until recently in the long road of humanity's existence, why the switch off that coincides with male takeover? Like I said less evolution more cultural diffusion probably through subjugation by a new male dominated warrior culture like the Kurgen.
Aquatank

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:50 am

Everything surrounding the human culture is the impatience male humans have had since humans were born.
What defines Males:

Greed
Power
Ignorance
Domination
Selfabsorbed
Jealousy

=

Primitive stupidity beyond the animal understanding

:twisted: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Aquatank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:26 am

That's today's males it doesn't seem to apply to Old European culture prior to 5000BC. Apparently there was a dynamic shift in social interactions that led to male aggression. I would hypothesize it had to do with new and abundant sources of meat. First by eating more meat along with increasing proteins needed for intelligence increases it increased aggressiveness among humans. This aggression difference is clearly demonstrated when looking at the Gorillas (mostly vegetarians) and Chimpanzees (omnivourous), the agrression is then used for hunting. We've got over 200000 years of hunting aggression built into our systems. We learned about the time the Goddess cultures emerge different types of plant domestication. Animal domestication arrives later with settlement, and thusly meat arrives in abundance aggression goes up but it doesn't have the outlet it had of hunting. Thusly the garression turns outward inward and outward in some groups and tribal warfare begins in earnest as an outlet for the aggression.
Aquatank

Postby event_horizon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:31 pm

screamzero wrote:You sure put a lot of faith into not believing something you don't believe in. If doesn't matter, why chirp at all.

Well, if you'd remove the fecal matter from your ear holes, it wouldn't sound like a "chirp." Ain't no "faith" going on here brother, just truth -- something you continue to blind yourself from by plugging your cranium up your bottom side.

screamzero wrote:Wish't you'd quit the ceremony of religiously brushing your teeth in the morning..but I guess you had to do that over and over again 'till you got it right.

Why "quit"? Is that not a ceremony you do every morning, death breath? You still haven't learned how to wipe your behind without leaving skid marks all over your tighty whities.

screamzero wrote:"What's that got to do w/ the price of poon in bangkok?", You might ask. The reason religion is still around marble chip is because it has had more successes than failures.

Which of the many religions are you referring to? Apparently your "all-powerful God" isn't powerful enough and/or too incompetent to introduce just one religion to the human race that everyone could abide by. Religion has had the most "success" at dividing the world and creating more bloodshed than anything against humanity.

screamzero wrote:If your so damn smart, explain to us how you constructively interact with your mind and emotions without some prompter enabling you.

Explain to me what this babble has to do with anything? :?

screamzero wrote:Plato didn't need a book to conclude ther was a G-d. The Greeks didn't either when one or two of 'em erected a statue for the "unknown" G-d.

This discussion is about religion, not "God." Please try and follow along.

screamzero wrote:Science isn't divorced from G-d nor the other way around.

On what planet did science marry "God"? :?

screamzero wrote:You talk as if religion hasn't had a positive impact on morality and ethics. Read more.

If I had to "read" any "more" of your gibberish, I think I'd dig my eye out of its socket.

If you think it's moral/ethical to destroy a library full of scientific knowledge, well, you've got serious issues.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Kadara » Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 am

You know the thing that amuses me most, seriously not sarcasticaly, the fights you guys have on these posts, it reminds me of junior high. I hated junior high. Any way, back to the topic, well I'm not a genius so I could be wrong but from what I can figure it would be because God started out as a one people kinda guy, I'm getting this from the scripture btw, and just to forstall the comments along the lines of well the bible is hearsay and stories, I wouldn't really believe in a God who wanted to be worshipped but didn't take care of his instruction manual. Pero,... God was all about the people of Isreal and every one else was kinda like non existant to him, untill they rejected Christ and then the rest of the world got in on it.
Now if we're addressing the whole realm of all types of religions and many different types of gods and such I'd figure that folks back then just kinda went along as they pleased and then either said hey look at those guys(isreal) they got a god lets get one too, or some schemer was like hey this is a perfect way to get what i want and controll a society. Not a bad plan if your sadistic.
But like I said, I'm no genius so I'm just throwing out my thought go ahead and disect it.
Kadara

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 am

I`d say you are level headed on things unlike some other people :roll:

And I see no difference in today´s humans either...
Most still go along and follow a few retards...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby screamzero » Tue May 05, 2009 5:17 am

Aquatank wrote:Sorry that isn't evolution, its a bit of cultual diffusion and swamping but it isn't evolution. The fact is many of the cultural rites and iconography of the pre-pantheon era are still quite imbedded in todays society. A 15000 year old belief system is something that sticks around in human society more than a meager 2000 year or younger one. Thats why its been making a comeback.

The question is why/how did the male/God dominated religions takeover? Agricultural was a woman's occupation until recently in the long road of humanity's existence, why the switch off that coincides with male takeover? Like I said less evolution more cultural diffusion probably through subjugation by a new male dominated warrior culture like the Kurgen.

Sorry, your WRONG. Evolution is NOT limited to physical phenomena. Man's mental; emotional; and spiritual maturity is also on the block of nature's squeeze. Hence religious conflict.

Just because you choose to be an agnostic or an atheist DOES NOT alter the questionings and curiosities of the spiritually challenged. If that were so YOU would not be discussing it and atheists wouldn't be defending their positions w/ such faith in nothing or happenstance.

Where do you think you'd be if your brain did not evolve..even in your short life time? You make a query of a male G-d concept as to when it appeared. It is merely a concept to make easier the conceptualization of a gentle Maker. Christ is the greatest proponent of that conception at only a mere 2000 years ago. That's when it fell into prominence. Even American Indians w/ their multiple spirits had little problem of expressing a concept of Father Sky and Mother Earth. I.E. the Father for the Children in the Christian mode. When it first started no one will be able to say.

Yours is a facetious question that is moot when compared to the deft point it reveals in any case: a conceptual application where G-d's Heart is Mercy. G-d is ultimately beyond even androgynous yet He's made available to any with a simple concept; He is within reach.

Pantheism is set to rest w/ the advent of monotheism..an evolution in thinking first introduced by the Jews. It's only making a come back to those that cannot hear and evolve.
screamzero

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts