The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Can I ask religious people a question please?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:46 am

BloodStone wrote:I personally believe in a higher being, maybe not what most would call GOD.

I think that it's more of a mind evolving issue that it is faith. I think for some time people worshipped stuff they could see, and feel. They created Gods to help explain why their crops didn't grow, why it rained, why their land was destroyed.

Somewhere along the way we evolved to worshipping things we couldn't see or feel.Then we called it faith.

I think there have been humans on this planet long before we will ever know.I also think we have lost vaste amounts of knowledge through the millineas.I'm sure someday we will find life on other planets, some maybe from this planet long ago. We have probably evolved before to get off this rock, and may have colonized mars, or other now dead planets.

We will probably never know during our life times.

I think the planet is more of the God than most people know. If the planet dies we all die, if we die the planet still lives on. One day this planet will shake us all off, and it will start again.

As far as an actaul God, you'll just have to wait and see. It may just be our long lost human forefathers who keep visiting this planet to help us avoid the same fate they faced( which is to be forced from this planet to avoid mass extinction.)

BloodStone...

apart from one bit i agree with you. :shock:

what do i do now i'm not used to agreeing with you. ;) :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:49 am

screamzero wrote:man's true religion is to want "better".

i like that saying. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby BloodStone » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm

what do i do now i'm not used to agreeing with you.

Just go with it, we'll keep it our secret.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Even the most unlikely people to have anything in common has something they agree on. :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 am

The biblical answer would be the story of Moses and the 10 Commandments in Genesis. God never commanded anyone into any one religion, just that there was only one God. Fact or fiction is up to the reader I guess, but that is undoubtly the root of recognizing, there is only one God not many Gods. This has been handed down thruout history, since Moses. Even those who may not believe it, still stop to think if its true. That was the turning point for man who believed in the Sun God, the Moon God, or worshiped Golden Idols, to beleive there is only one true God. Its still the number one selling book by the way--the Bible.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Personally I don´t doubt that something happened at that time with Moses, same with Ezekiel,Jesus and Muhammed or even Buddha for that matter.
Although I will never accept the view humans have today or have had since the days of Moses.
The truth is none of us knows anything and religions are basicly based on books and stories, not facts.
I wonder though, what would the world be like in 2000 years if something strange happened today?
Let´s say if aliens revealed themselves.
Would it be facts or folklore?
With today´s technology...I think that if nothing destructive happens in those 2000 years it´s more likely for it to be facts than folklore.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Illuminati » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:12 am

SOme of the ancient Chinese language which was pictorial also shows that they were originally a monotheistic culture at one time. Later on they evolved as a society to a pantheon. The dates are unknown as to when but we do know it was around at least 2,000 years ago, at least.

Pharaoh Akhenaton was also ancient, and supposedly a pre-Abrahamic time as well, if we go by most of the Egyptologists dates. He was a follower of Aton, the one and only god of Egypt. His nephew, or son, or grandson was Tutankhaton, whose name was changed to Tutankhamen when buried. SOme of his tomb articles have his real name on them, which expressed that there was a coup comig from the old panthoen worshippers revolting against the god Aton.

Interesting stuff when researched.
Illuminati

Postby event_horizon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:28 am

"God" didn't wait thousands of years to show "himself." "He" never did.

The reason religion still exists today is because of the clergy and the mass destruction of books in the Alexandrian Library that contained a wealth of information on Ionian/Greek cosmology and natural philosophy (a period between 700 and 300 B.C.). The ancient Ionians and Greeks were the pioneers of true science. They figured out that the Earth was round and it revolved around the sun (a fact that was lost until Copernicus 1500 years later). They even theorized about the atom as being a single indivisible unit of matter. They were interested in how the real world functioned physically, not supernaturally.

The Ionians/Greeks were isolated from the church and free from suppression. It was almost like having the freedom we have here in America, except in a much smaller region. Had science been allowed to flourish since that time, who knows where we'd be today. It's possible we could be 1500 years more technologically advanced than we are now...looking back at religion like minor bump in the road toward progress.

Heck, to go even further, the Muslim religion may not have even taken root back in the 6th century B.C., had science been able to progress back then, and we wouldn't be having all these stupid religious conflicts about who's got the best "God."
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Questioner101 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 am

If we follow what's happening when physicists "observe" electrons, (searching whether they're waves or particles) and the electron "complies" with whatever the "observer" needs to finish their calculations....and turn that principle into if "god" is the observer, and humans are the electrons....do humans "change" to please god?? Or do they "rebel" to be onery?
Perhaps the creator...decided his "observations" were interfering with human development?
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby screamzero » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:53 am

event_horizon wrote:"God" didn't wait thousands of years to show "himself." "He" never did.

The reason religion still exists today is because of the clergy and the mass destruction of books in the Alexandrian Library that contained a wealth of information on Ionian/Greek cosmology and natural philosophy (a period between 700 and 300 B.C.). The ancient Ionians and Greeks were the pioneers of true science. They figured out that the Earth was round and it revolved around the sun (a fact that was lost until Copernicus 1500 years later). They even theorized about the atom as being a single indivisible unit of matter. They were interested in how the real world functioned physically, not supernaturally.

The Ionians/Greeks were isolated from the church and free from suppression. It was almost like having the freedom we have here in America, except in a much smaller region. Had science been allowed to flourish since that time, who knows where we'd be today. It's possible we could be 1500 years more technologically advanced than we are now...looking back at religion like minor bump in the road toward progress.

Heck, to go even further, the Muslim religion may not have even taken root back in the 6th century B.C., had science been able to progress back then, and we wouldn't be having all these stupid religious conflicts about who's got the best "God."

You sure put a lot of faith into not believing something you don't believe in. If doesn't matter, why chirp at all. Wish't you'd quit the ceremony of religiously brushing your teeth in the morning..but I guess you had to do that over and over again 'till you got it right.

"What's that got to do w/ the price of poon in bangkok?", You might ask. The reason religion is still around marble chip is because it has had more successes than failures. Something you don't want to acknowledge because you do not feel like it. It would be to much trouble for you or any atheist/ agnostic to allegorically express a truism. Truth to you is only black and white and that's a lie. If your so damn smart, explain to us how you constructively interact with your mind and emotions without some prompter enabling you. Plato didn't need a book to conclude ther was a G-d. The Greeks didn't either when one or two of 'em erected a statue for the "unknown" G-d. Explain your gut feelings...sa matter?...deaf to the Primal Winds? Science isn't divorced from G-d nor the other way around. You talk as if religion hasn't had a positive impact on morality and ethics. Read more.
Last edited by screamzero on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
screamzero

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts