The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

Blood transfusion question.

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby jdchaser » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm curious about blood transfusions. The reason is that I have lost a lot of blood in the last four months and (surprisingly still sitting at the computer) am worried that I lost enough to at least almost be considered for a blood transfusion. Seriously. I hope it never happens, but how does it actually work. (Not trying to sound like and idiot or nothing but) I was just curious. Do they give the blood in an IV or something like that?

And what about autologous blood donations? How does that work. (Honestly yeah I can spend hours looking this stuff up, but spend even more time trying to understand it.)... would it work with a blood transfusion?
Why are you hiding the truth from me when I can see it in plain sight? The only thing this proves is how blind you really are.
jdchaser

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 am

Hwow did you lose so much blood in the first place? :?
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 am

Heavy period… :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby BloodStone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:41 am

If you are still typing, then you are replacing blood that has been lost. If you have an open wound and are still losing blood, you may want to see a doctor pronto.

Blood transfusions are for people who are unable to stop blood lose or need to replace bad blood in their system. It's like an oil change for you're car. They hook you up to a tube. They either pull blood out of one end ,while filling you back up on another tube, or they just close you're open wound while filling you back up with blood.

If you are alive to know you are losing too much blood, then you should be at a hospital.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby jdchaser » Sat May 02, 2009 4:09 pm

BloodStone wrote:If you are still typing, then you are replacing blood that has been lost. If you have an open wound and are still losing blood, you may want to see a doctor pronto.

Blood transfusions are for people who are unable to stop blood lose or need to replace bad blood in their system. It's like an oil change for you're car. They hook you up to a tube. They either pull blood out of one end ,while filling you back up on another tube, or they just close you're open wound while filling you back up with blood.

If you are alive to know you are losing too much blood, then you should be at a hospital.

BloodStone...

In all honesty I think I was close to the hospital scenerio. It's actually not from a wound, but from something a girl is supposed to get 5 days a month that actually kept going for four months. Still there but barely. My doc knows, but I was actually curious just in case what they are doing now doesn't work and this is the option they might have to take... though it's still a curious thought.

Though with what Bloodstone first said is a bit comforting. Not only that I was curious.
Why are you hiding the truth from me when I can see it in plain sight? The only thing this proves is how blind you really are.
jdchaser

Postby Lashmar » Sun May 03, 2009 2:18 am

My god I was right :shock: . I’m never right about things like this. Sorry I shouldn’t be happy about that but still, I was right. :( :lol:

Hope your better though. :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 06, 2009 11:11 am

You will never bleed out from ovulation.

At least I'm pretty sure that the blood from a period is in no way connected to the rest of your circulatory system.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 am

yes you are right SRO.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Angel1979 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:13 pm

jdchaser wrote:
In all honesty I think I was close to the hospital scenerio. It's actually not from a wound, but from something a girl is supposed to get 5 days a month that actually kept going for four months. Still there but barely. My doc knows, but I was actually curious just in case what they are doing now doesn't work and this is the option they might have to take... though it's still a curious thought.

Though with what Bloodstone first said is a bit comforting. Not only that I was curious.

You won't need any replacement with blood lost from a period as the 'lining' has already built up in your uterus and is gradually lost, you are not losing fresh blood from your system. You can become slightly anaemic after an extremely heavy period but that tends to be the type where it is extremely heavy over a very short period of time.

I bled for over 10 months after the birth of my first baby, no-one knows why, it just happened, I was checked for everything from STD's to retained placenta and nothing was wrong apart from a cyst on my left ovary which wouldn't cause that amount of extended bleeding. I didn't become anaemic or anything, it was just a royal pain in the arse and I suffered no ill effects.
Angel1979

Postby Yvetterr » Thu May 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Actually you can become anemic which I have when I kept bleeding from the depo-provera shot. So I would make sure you eat right. Also I have a friend that she was at work and all of a sudden a rush of blood came down from her uterus. She had to get a hysterectomy. Anyways you won't need a blood transfusion. My sister has Leukemia(she is in remission) and she used to get blood transfusions and they are hooked up to an ivy with a separate line to help push the blood into the arteries. She also used to get platelet transfusions. The only time blood is taken out as well as new blood being put in is with Dialysis but that's usually from kidney failure.
Yvetterr

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts