The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

A bit TOO PC? (Politically correct?)

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby blackvault » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Ok, so I thought I would post this here for a response. I am afraid our country (the US) is really getting outrageously too sensitive as a country. Many have their jokes about Republicans, not only as a party, but some in particular, and some are just downright rude and sick. But, it comes with the territory I guess. If you are in the public spotlight, you get attacked. Plain and simple.

Well today I decided, as a light-hearted post of humor, to post this:

With the caption:

John Greenewald, Jr. wrote:Anyone else think something stinks in Washington right now? Just sayin'.

Now, although many people saw the humor, and laughed, and posted some really off color jokes in response, a few were outraged. Even before the negative responses, I posted a compliment to the President in the SAME thread:

John Greenewald, Jr. wrote:If anyone wants to see the raw video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mJ0Eei8kcU Despite my sarcasm, with all due respect to the President, of course, he has style and doesn't get affected by the li'l pest.

Here is one response:

Perry Cavitt wrote:Wow, I just recently "liked"your page here on Facebook, and over the years I have checked in on your website from time to time. I find the subject matter very interesting... That said, I think everyone has the right to their opinion but I really think your picture and comment are way out of line. While I agree that "something stinks" in Washington your "fly"has landed on the wrong source of the "stink". If your picture was meant to offend, good job sir mission accomplished, you must feel so proud...and what a great roll model. But, like I said, "Everyone has a right to their opinion. So, here's mine...I will remove my "like"of your page and I will NEVER take another look at your online site.

Then, this person blocked and banned me.

Then, there is this one:

Jonathan Jensen wrote:Flys symbolize something is garbage, and this is why I too agree the humor of this post is in extremely bad taste.

Anyone else feel that the left is FAR TOO SENSITIVE about jokes on the President, and yet, probably those same people have every Bush joke memorized, and love to label Republicans as evil, war mongering, trash?

I'd love some feedback. Was I really out of line? I mean, I see stuff on my feeds every day bashing republicans, Romney (yes, still), booing Paul Ryan at the inauguration, and so much more. This has to stop. So many in the states are incredibly one-sided, biased, and downright hypocritical.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby magonia17 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:25 am

With some of the terrible things going on in the world, and many are worried about PC? It seems the powers that be and even some of the media and public are diverting the attention away from the more important events that are happening in the world and focusing on trivial matters in comparison. Wasn't this the same tactic used in the Vietnam war?
magonia17

Postby Kybasser » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm

John,

I suspect you know your sin. You picked on one of the liberal left. Yes, they are the ones who routinely call anyone with a conservative point of view names, and yes, they are the ones who scream at the top of their lungs for tolerance, but in reality, they are the most intolerant of all groups.

I saw the humor, and liked it. I also saw a "news" story on a news portal I use, and they had a headline about "The Fly 2, the saga continues" and it was under a picture of the president swatting at a fly.

You just can only pick on conservatives if you want it accepted...

LOL... Loved the caption by the way.

I'd take the place of that one poster as liking your facebook page, but I don't facebook. Oh well...

Danny
Kybasser

Postby Dragoness » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I didn't think it was mean spirited. More and more I'm seeing that if you don't agree with the liberals, you are demonized. I have liberal friends and relatives who think nothing of posting material that basically says (at least what it looks like to me) that if you don't agree with them you are stupid and ignorant. I try not to post things political because I do try to be respectful to their views, just wish they would do they same thing, and I certainly wouldn't post things like they do.
Dragoness

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts