The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

BATMAN/HORROR ACTOR Michael Gough Passes...

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby SWRanger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Batman's 'butler' Michael Gough dies aged 94 (AP)Source: AP 2 hours, 24 minutes ago Comments

LONDON - Michael Gough, the British actor best known for playing Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred in a series of Batman movies, has died at age 94.

Gough appeared in more than 150 movies and television shows, including British science-fiction show "Doctor Who." He died of old age at home in England on Thursday, surrounded by family, his ex-wife Anneke Wills said through her agent.

Wills said in an obituary posted on the Doctor Who website: "As his body was deteriorating this week, he said that he wanted to hang on for St. Patrick's Day. And he did, just. In the end ... there is only love."

Gough remains best remembered for his role as Alfred Pennyworth in the Batman franchise, starring opposite Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney.

NEWS LINK
SWRanger

Postby WarAngel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Thank you Mr. Gough for your great work in the early Batman movies. One of the shining lights that never dimmed in a sinking franchise. Rest In Peace my good man. :thumbup: I raise toast to of Bailey's Irish Creme, in honor of you having your wish of holding on to see St. Pattrick's Day.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby greeney2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 pm

I liked him, never knew his name. I'll settle for a ripe ol age of 94, he had a good life. RIP and Batman will not be the same without him.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

RIP
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts