The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Aussie TV channel apologises for Jackson sketch

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:27 am

bionic wrote:
Australia doesn't have the racist past / present of the usa.

uh..yeah ..I think your Aborigonees might disagree with you on that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkGvk1rQBI

anyhoo...

I think the US is just more PC ("politically correct")now days, or wanting to seem that way..culturally... than maybe Australia...generally. This all has more to do with that.

but still..on this...

“I am an Indian, and five of the six of us are from multicultural backgrounds and to be called a racist ... I don’t think I have ever been called that ever in my life before,” he said.

“Anyone who knows us as a group, we are intelligent people, we are all from different racial backgrounds so I am really truly surprised,” Deva said.

anyone can be a racist or a bigot or a sexist..we all are to some extant, I'm sure

bionic wrote:
Australia doesn't have the racist past / present of the usa.

Australia never made slaves of Aborigonees like the usa did of Blacks.

& besides why is it you think Australia should be held responsible for the actions of the english 100-200 year ago.

That's the U.K prob .......they (the U.K) did those things not Australia or Australians.
rath

Postby chiselray » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:48 am

Wing-Zero wrote:
chiselray wrote:Racism i would expect is a slurr,violence in said words and actions,the real issue and core of crossing the lines..Joking behaviour is no where near it..The lines are blurry enough to not notice a clear difference ..

So as long as there isn't any slurs or acts of violence like lynching it's not racist?

no..thats not it..clearly ,any attempts to devalue a race by actions or violence is what im talking about..Devaluation was not i anyway shape or form in this case..it was in light hearted humour and was nothing of teh sort.Slurring and violence are common..
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkGvk1rQBI

anyhoo...

only the violent ones,when a mans life and his ship are endangered you usually call it self defense..
Australian aborigines traded food with the early settlers..Remember these early settlers were ENGLISH right :ugeek: not australian :roll:
But then came the battle ,the self defensive move i was talking about
chiselray

Postby greeney2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:06 am

no..thats not it..clearly ,any attempts to devalue a race by actions or violence is what im talking about..Devaluation was not i anyway shape or form in this case..it was in light hearted humour and was nothing of teh sort.Slurring and violence are common..

Don't you understand the "light Hearted humor" of this kind is racism and devalues race by the actions of the skit? You don't get the message, racism is the foundation of ethnic jokes and humor and is demeaning and harmful to those races.

For one action and violence...I recall Kojak the tv series which was an action was classified at one stage as being one of the most violent shows around.

Kojak was in the 1970's! Are you serious?
greeney2

Postby chiselray » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:45 pm

(laughz)
chiselray

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts