The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Attempt of demonic possesion?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Halfabo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:43 am

OraProNobis wrote:
Let me try and explain it to you this way. Its like a child who wants to ask a favour of their father, but this child knows that he has not always listened well to his father, so he decides to go ask his brothers, and his mother to come along with him. Some of his brothers have listened and obeyed their father much better than he, and his mother has always been good and kind, and he knows the father loves and adores her so much because of this. This child knows that if these good brothers , and this loving mother of his ,plead for him ,on his behalf, the chances of his father granting him the favour are much more likely.

As far as the angels and St Michael, they are spiritually higher beings than humans, and we will be conducted by them in heaven. Those angels who chose to stay and serve God, never faltering and being obedient, have never sinned against God like we humans have, and they very much want to help us in our service to God, as well as protect and guide us, which is why God designated each and every soul their very own angel.

I do understand your line of thinking, and quite honestly Halfabo, the FACT that we both believe that Jesus is the path and way to salvation is the most important . That is what ALL the saints, our guardian angels, and all the choirs of Holy angels believe as well . We can agree to disagree peacefully, on other issues, with love in our hearts for each other, and with praise and thanksgiving that Jesus died for all of our sins, and that we both strongly believe that, and praise God and thank Him for that fact.

What you are describing is indeed what an earthly father would do. If the child is disobedient at times, the father might ignore the child for awhile, maybe to teach him a lesson. God, is not that petty. God does not ignore His children's pleas no matter how the child has behaved in the past. He forgives far more readily than any earthly father would do. Think of the parable of the prodigal son. "son, you've been away for awhile. It doesn't matter come and tell me what you need." That is how God forgives and answers prayers. It is God's nature that counts, not ours. No matter how many people you take with you, it will not gain God's attention any more than going to Him alone would.
Halfabo

Postby OraProNobis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 am

Quote by halfabo:
What you are describing is indeed what an earthly father would do. If the child is disobedient at times, the father might ignore the child for awhile, maybe to teach him a lesson. God, is not that petty. God does not ignore His children's pleas no matter how the child has behaved in the past. He forgives far more readily than any earthly father would do. Think of the parable of the prodigal son. "son, you've been away for awhile. It doesn't matter come and tell me what you need." That is how God forgives and answers prayers. It is God's nature that counts, not ours. No matter how many people you take with you, it will not gain God's attention any more than going to Him alone would.

You have the right to see it your way halfabo and I accept that. I hope that you can accept that others see it differently, and accept that as well.

The fact that 1000's of miracles have been performed and recorded at Lourdes through the intercession of Mary, as well as the many many miracles that have happened through the intercession of Padre Pio, speaks volumes in testimony that what I speak of holds much validity.

I do not wish to get into a "who's correct" debate with a brother in Christ, so this will be the last I have to say on the subject.

May God bless us all , through the mercy of His Son , Jesus, and enlighten our hearts and minds through the power of His Holy Spirit.
OraProNobis

Postby at1with0 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm

I exhibited signs of possession when I was 15 and there was an exorcism performed by my brother which, to this day, he has no recollection of performing. It lasted for about a week and was deemed by later professionals to be a hypnotic state.

What interests me is this mention of intercessory prayer. How does it work? Are the ones being prayed to really ignorant of the person praying's plight and need to be prompted to intercede? What types of things will they intercede with? Isn't asking for protection basically a selfish act?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby OraProNobis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 pm

at1with0 wrote:I exhibited signs of possession when I was 15 and there was an exorcism performed by my brother which, to this day, he has no recollection of performing. It lasted for about a week and was deemed by later professionals to be a hypnotic state.

What interests me is this mention of intercessory prayer. How does it work? Are the ones being prayed to really ignorant of the person praying's plight and need to be prompted to intercede? What types of things will they intercede with? Isn't asking for protection basically a selfish act?

Actually it does help to "invite " people, or saints, or angels to pray on your behalf . Its an invitation or a request that you want help in asking the Holy Spirit for whatever help you may need. It can be compared to a petition in the sense of the more souls who sign it, the more it will be considered by the powers that be.

Asking for protection is not a selfish act but an act of love. It can be an act of love for a friend or family member, and it is an act of love for yourself. Love your neighbor as yourself.

That sounds like an interesting story AT1with0 . Your brother doesn't remember any of it? hmmmm. And they concluded that you were under hypnosis? Suffice to say, I don't always trust the medical profession for a correct analysis , especially considering issues of a spiritual nature.

I am happy to hear you are out of it though, and if you are considering prayer, please do not be afraid to call out to Jesus, and His saints , especially St. Michael the archangel for protective prayer against the dark side of the spiritual world. It is not selfish, but self preserving, and wise to do so.
OraProNobis

Postby at1with0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:26 am

After about a week, I was pushing through and I feared that the demon or whatever had the power to kill me and would do so. As far as the humanly intercession (i.e., exorcism) went, I was on the floor face up in my room and my brother was over me, his nose a few inches from mine, and I recall gazing into his eyes. He was silent but his head was shaking. Then I rose out of the depths of unconsciousness.

And yes he has no recollection of the "possession" nor the playing of the ouija board prior to the possession.

The professionals are loathe to slap a multiple personality disorder label on a person I guess, so it was deemed an altered state, specifically a hypnotic state. I wondered and wonder to this day which of the three (the third being bona fide demonic possession) is what really happened. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I was 15, I think.
at1with0

Postby OraProNobis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 am

at1with0 wrote:After about a week, I was pushing through and I feared that the demon or whatever had the power to kill me and would do so. As far as the humanly intercession (i.e., exorcism) went, I was on the floor face up in my room and my brother was over me, his nose a few inches from mine, and I recall gazing into his eyes. He was silent but his head was shaking. Then I rose out of the depths of unconsciousness.

And yes he has no recollection of the "possession" nor the playing of the ouija board prior to the possession.

The professionals are loathe to slap a multiple personality disorder label on a person I guess, so it was deemed an altered state, specifically a hypnotic state. I wondered and wonder to this day which of the three (the third being bona fide demonic possession) is what really happened. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I was 15, I think.

wow..got shivers down my spine reading that AT1with0. I appreciate that you would share something so personal . The spiritual realm is one that we humans cannot easily understand, and angels, both Holy and demonic have a much better grasp on it than most humans do, though I do believe there are human beings who have been given special gifts of discernment regarding these matters, and all Christians who ask and pray for discernment receive it to some degree.

The occult is much more powerful than most of us realize, and so many dabble into it naively not knowing the real power that lurks behind it.

Even what the OP talked about could have been the result of some prayers or chants said about him somewhere else, unaware to him.

Can I ask you something? After this experience did you want to seek God ,even in an attempt to understand more fully what happened to you?
OraProNobis

Postby OraProNobis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am

Dear iCharlieF0xtr0t,

My Sincerest apologies if I have allowed myself to become derailed from the original topic of your question. I will do my best to try and keep the topic around the initial title of this thread.

I do thank you in sharing your story of your miraculous healing through the intercession of Padre Pio, and also for bringing to light the spiritual battles that we may sometimes face , through dreams or experiences such as you explained in the original post.

I am including you, as well as all members of this board, myself included, in my prayers for protection to Jesus, through the intercession of St Michael the archangel, and all of our guardian angels.
OraProNobis

Postby at1with0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 am

Actually at the time the opposite happened and I lost my faith and religion. The possession and the upheaval of my paradigm happened at roughly the same time. Losing my religion wasn't directly caused by the possession but the two were effects of one cause which amounts to my sudden inability to stomach the contents of the Bible, mainly Leviticus if I recall.

I dabbled in the occult for a few years after that. And witchcraft. I meandered through militant agnosticism and other belief systems before settling in on pantheism which I ascribe to to this day.

How about you were you always a Christian?
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:25 am

Charlie..
I use to have to go through stuff like that..be strong... remember to send out thoughts and emotions of compasion, inner strength (you will not mess with me) and love..this either drives them off or turns them into something postive

it's a test of your will
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby OraProNobis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 am

at1with0 wrote:Actually at the time the opposite happened and I lost my faith and religion. The possession and the upheaval of my paradigm happened at roughly the same time. Losing my religion wasn't directly caused by the possession but the two were effects of one cause which amounts to my sudden inability to stomach the contents of the Bible, mainly Leviticus if I recall.

I dabbled in the occult for a few years after that. And witchcraft. I meandered through militant agnosticism and other belief systems before settling in on pantheism which I ascribe to to this day.

How about you were you always a Christian?

Interesting life, and I will say it does make me curious about what was in reality happening on the day this "possession" took place. I wish you nothing but good At1with0, and may the love of the true living God draw you to Himself.

I have not always been a Christian, and even in times that I thought I was ,I struggled with many questions, and did not follow the true ways of Christianity.

Even today it is a struggle , with doubts, and confusion at times, but I have found what I feel is the key to letting the Holy Spirit into my life, and that is prayer. Sincere prayer , in humility, asking Jesus and our Father to help me understand, and to help me overcome my weaknesses, is what grounds me to my faith.

I could go into a long explanation of my life, but I will save that for another thread, or private message.

Getting back on topic of the original post , I have found that in any dreams or experiences of this nature I have gone through , it has always been the power of Jesus , through prayer that has helped me out of it, or through it, and sometimes with the intercession of the saints, such as Mary, and St Michael.
OraProNobis

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts