The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Amy Winehouse found dead

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:42 am

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse, known for her smoky soul voice and her struggle with drink and drugs, has been found dead at her flat in north London, police said. She was 27 years old.

The Grammy award-winning soul singer with her trademark beehive battled with well-documented addictions that she documented in her hit single "Rehab". Her death is being treated as unexplained, Scotland Yard said.

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.

"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

London Ambulance Service said it had been called to the flat at 3:54 pm (1454 GMT) and sent two ambulances.

Police officers remained on duty outside her home Saturday.

There was no immediate comment from her agents.

Winehouse rocketed to fame after winning five Grammy awards off the back of her 2006 second album "Back to Black" and the hit single "Rehab".

In the run-up to her live return, Winehouse spent a week earlier this year at an addiction treatment clinic in London, reportedly at the suggestion of her father, Mitch, over concerns that she was drinking too much before her shows.

But Winehouse pulled out of her European comeback tour following a disastrous opening performance in Serbia on June 18.

She was booed at the performance in Belgrade, as she appeared to be too drunk to sing.

Some 20,000 people gathered for the highly-promoted concert at the sixth-century Kalemegdan fortress, but many soon left.

During the concert, which lasted about 90 minutes, Winehouse could only mumble some of the lyrics, failing to follow her band.

Winehouse left the stage twice, with many fans showing their displeasure despite her band's attempts to calm the crowd.

"Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances," a statement from her representatives said.
greeney2

Postby SWRanger » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:42 pm

greeney2 wrote:
"Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances," a statement from her representatives said.

Well as they say in the FBI, Make that a permanent withdrawl....

The tragedy is that she was a Talented singer who could'nt stay off the Booze and Drugs. Other people like Stevie Nicks managed to pull themselves out of the nosedive and continue on....Amy never learned how to do that... :oops:
SWRanger

Postby bionic » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:13 pm

sad ..but not surprised
RIP Amy (now there's a soul that needs to find some peace)

I wonder how Lindsey Lohan is doing?
Britney Spears seems to have turned it around (for now).
They say Gaga is spining off the rails these days.

who else?

Any male archtypes, of late, on this one?
The last I remember was Heath Ledger
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby SWRanger » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Q: What does Amy Winehouse have in common with Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobain?

A: Nothing, they were all talented musicians. :lol:

* Wow Amy Winehouse is dead. Too bad her parents can't keep her ashes, it would be possesion of a class A drug.

*Just heard about the death of one of the biggest stars of our time.
We all knew they had it coming with the pale white skin and slits for a nose, they'll be greatly missed.

RIP Voldemort... :mrgreen:

*Sources say police have estimated Amy Winehouse's ashes at a street value of £500,000. :crazy:

*Elton John will perform at Amy Winehouse's funeral with a beautiful rendition of Candle Under The Spoon. :mrgreen:

*Amy Winehouse's manager is said to be unfazed by the news of her death.
He said, "I'm not sure it'll make much difference to her performance" :lol:
SWRanger

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 pm

I hope some of the new young girls coming up now like Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez take a lesson from this that all these older girls got a early start too. Hopefully they will keep them grounded and remind them they are still kids.
greeney2

Postby _Billy_ » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 am

She was a good singer. Some remarks about her should be kept to one's self. It is not nice to talk about the dead.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby bionic » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:17 am

I thought of another guy in this archetype group
Ryan Dunn

About Winehouse
She was very talented..and very lost.
It's a tragedy.
Just like all those other super talented, super fast lane, live fast, die young types that have gone before her.
I wonder if her spirit even has regrets?
She could be on the other side singing something akin to, "I did it my way", for all we know.
She's at peace now, I'm sure.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby SWRanger » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:37 pm

She had her chances and blew them.....
SWRanger

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:13 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/ ... use-tweet/

Microsoft apologized Monday for its Twitter tribute to British singer Amy Winehouse that encouraged mourners to purchase the late singer's music from Microsoft's media store.

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:43 am

SWRanger wrote:She had her chances and blew them.....

Just as many near her had their chances and elected to blow them as well................left only with excuses.............

One day soon I hope people as a whole will simply stop running from the truth.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts