The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Aviation and Aeronautical Technology

C-130 Flyover may be causing electrical issues.

Here, you will find discussions on Top Secret military aviation, historical aircraft, and everything in between!

Postby Scarynickname » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:28 pm

I’m a mechanic and my wife works in the evening. I have a shop behind the house and I spend most of my time out here. I’m usually working on my old Chrysler or doing a little side work to help pay for parts for the Chrysler.
Anyway I got away from military life a few years ago and moved back home. I thought it was kind of cool to see some c-130’s flying over the house every now and then. I noticed that they only flew over on the first or second of the month and only in the evening.
Now comes the strange part. Last month while sitting in the shop I noticed that the fluorescent lights were flickering, all of them almost in a pattern so I thought that the power was about to go out. I walked out and looked into the back window to the house and everything was normal. I turned around and looked at the shop and the light show was still on. About that time 2 c-130’s flew over and a few seconds after that everything returned to normal.
The same thing happened tonight.
This is out of my realm of knowledge. Do you guys have any ideas?
Scarynickname

Postby CrazyMary » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi! Thats strange that a airplane would cause that much electrical interference in your garage. Have you checked the wiring in your garage for shorts, and such? Maybe it was just a coincidence that it happened during the flyovers, but it is a little odd also. Check out the logical things first, then the strange stuff. Goodluck!
CrazyMary

Postby vulcan6gun » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:24 pm

Check the ground wires, Scary. If it's EMI from the radar or radios it needs to reach ground or the problem will continue.

If the Hercs fly low enough, you'll definitely need to check your shorts in the garage. :lol:

No Pity Dept.: I get Army Blackhawks and Coast Guard Herkybirds flying over low enough at times, you can almost count the roaches in their ashtrays. Maybe they feel like they're higher than they really are... :oops: :lol:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Return to Aviation and Aeronautical Technology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts