The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

1,000,000 post thread

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby gudskepteacal » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:02 pm

My neighbor just looked it up on her Wiki app with her smartphone. I'm such a dumb*#%! Sorry, I'm done now.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby frrostedman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:My neighbor just looked it up on her Wiki app with her smartphone. I'm such a dumb*#%! Sorry, I'm done now.

I didn't get it either. But the logic is so simple. Devise a question so that both guards are involved, so that no matter what you will get a lie. I think the reason I, and maybe you, didn't get it is, it seems to defy some mathematical law, in that a truth + a lie is always a lie. And I tend to think very much in mathematical terms. So the answer eluded me, because it just doesn't add up properly. Mathematically, a truth + a lie should equal zero. :-) I know that sounds like a stretch of an excuse but I bet both you and I thought of the correct answer but immediately dismissed it, not realizing the viability in something so lopsided as 1 truth + 1 lie = 1 lie.

So, I guess you found out. The question is, "What exit will the other guy say is the safe exit?" Whichever one the guard points to, is the exit to avoid.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:28 pm

No kidding.. I feel strongly that this truth+lie=lie has some important, deep, philosophical significance. I just can't put my finger on it. If I was stoned, I'd think on it all night and come up with the answer.

Oh. And then I'd pass out and forget when I woke up the next morning.

Haven't smoked pot in ages. Finally had to quit the stuff. Makes my back hurt (odd, eh?), makes me feel tense, nervous, paranoid, and unable to collect my thoughts. No fun. And to think. Back in my late 20's and early 30's, pot had the opposite effect. It was a near miraculous stress eliminator that helped me concentrate.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Yes, that is the question she came up with(not word for word but the same thing). It's frustrating when you finally learn the answer and the logic is so simple that you wonder how you could have ever missed it. :wall: I thought about the one question asked of one guard that would include the other guards response, but it simply eluded me. A great brain twister, frostedman; I'm glad you posted it.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby frrostedman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:35 am

It's frustrating... It's so frustrating...

frrostedman

Postby gudskepteacal » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 am

So I was watching Unsealed: Alien Files again; BV was on, and it talked about how NASA just discovered a new form of life in 2010; a microorganism that actually builds parts of itself out of arsenic. Also about abductions, brain implants, and the theory of cross species alien-human experimentation and how it's being done to create a hybrid species. It seems there are quite a few people who believe it's not only known by the govt. but assisted at an underground base in N.M. It got me to thinking about another theory on youtube about how the aliens are not really an advanced civilization but actually demons. It cited as evidence testimony from abductees who say the horrifying experience ended only when they called out the name of Jesus.

So that got me to thinking about Bigfoot and other creatures who many have seen, but there is presently very little to no actual physical evidence to prove their existence. Theory- the reason nobody can find Bigfoot et al. is because they are demons who are the ones actually flying the UFOs. Find the demons and you'll find the UFOs.
gudskepteacal

Postby BloodStone » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Still along way off the goal...
nice to see the regulars still around here..

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby bionic » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:41 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:Well, if that didn't get your goat, try this riddle on fer size:

There were 3 prisoners and one is blind. [for pc crowd: all were wrongfully arrested and convicted] One day the sheriff came to the prisoners and said, "The prisons are full and the Powers That Be have decided to thin the pop. by method of dedicated problem solving. I will free you all if just one can give me the correct answer to this problem. In a dark room, where none could see, he produced 2 white hats and 3 red hats and put one on each prisoner. While blindfolded, he led them outside in the light of day and arranged them in a circle aprox. 5' from each other. He then removed the blindfolds and declared, "I'll let all of you go if one can tell me what color hat he has on." He asked the first prisoner who could see and they said, "No.". He asked the second prisoner who could also see and they said, "No.". The sheriff then asked the blind prisoner who correctly answered; thereby setting them all free. The riddle is, What color hat was it and How did he know.

Both parts must be answered correctly for full credit.

a white hat..the other two did not know because they were wearing red hats (of which thye all knew there were three of)..I think..
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:46 pm

frrostedman wrote:
gudskepteacal wrote:My neighbor just looked it up on her Wiki app with her smartphone. I'm such a dumb*#%! Sorry, I'm done now.

I didn't get it either. But the logic is so simple. Devise a question so that both guards are involved, so that no matter what you will get a lie. I think the reason I, and maybe you, didn't get it is, it seems to defy some mathematical law, in that a truth + a lie is always a lie. And I tend to think very much in mathematical terms. So the answer eluded me, because it just doesn't add up properly. Mathematically, a truth + a lie should equal zero. :-) I know that sounds like a stretch of an excuse but I bet both you and I thought of the correct answer but immediately dismissed it, not realizing the viability in something so lopsided as 1 truth + 1 lie = 1 lie.

So, I guess you found out. The question is, "What exit will the other guy say is the safe exit?" Whichever one the guard points to, is the exit to avoid.

I sat here trying and could not figure it out either..even though I vaguely remember doing this one long ago..oh well
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:48 pm

oh..and by the way..Hi guys..hoe ou are all doing well :)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts