Broken Arrow Incident
A "broken arrow" is an accidental event that involves nuclear weapons or nuclear components but which does not create the risk of nuclear war, known as a Broken Arrow in United States military terminology.
Below are documents obtained under the FOIA regarding Broken Arrow incidents.
- DoD Instruction 7730.12, "Notification Procedures for Accidents and Significant Incidents Involving Nuclear Weapons, Reactors and Radioactive Materials" [7 Pages, 1.16mb]
B-58 Accident, 1964
- ARGX-87 Accident Response Group Exercise, 1987: A Broken Arrow mini exercise [20 Pages, 2.27mb]
- Safety Study - Prime Nuclear Airlift Force (PNAF) Missions Involving the Use of C-130 and C-141 Aircraft [36 Pages, 1.9mb]
- Summary of Naval Nuclear Weapon Accidents and Incidents - 1981, 1982, 1983
- There are no comments yet