Thermite in WTC Rubble

[L[Quote]] · 1964 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Scientists_find_active_superthermite_in_WTC_0404.html

Study claims 'highly engineered explosive' found in WTC rubble

04/04/2009 @ 10:36 pm

Filed by Stephen C. Webster

A team of scientists claim to have unearthed startling data from dust and debris gathered in the days and weeks after the World Trade Center towers collapsed on Sept. 11, 2001.

In a study published by the Open Chemical Physics Journal -- a peer-reviewed, scientific publication -- Steven E. Jones and Niels Harrit level a stark allegation: that within the dust and rubble of the World Trade Center towers lays evidence of "a highly engineered explosive," contrary to all federal studies of the collapses.

"We have discovered distinctive red/gray chips in all the samples we have studied of the dust produced by the destruction of the World Trade Center," reads the paper's abstract. "One sample was collected by a Manhattan resident about ten minutes after the collapse of the second WTC Tower, two the next day, and a fourth about a week later. The properties of these chips were analyzed using optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy (XEDS), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)."

The study, however, shows that the dust was collected from four different sites, three of which were not in the immediate area surrounding the fallen towers. Most of the samples are collections of dust taken from blocks away.

They claim their analysis has uncovered "active thermitic material": a combination of elemental aluminum and iron oxide in a form of thermite known as "nanostructured super-thermite."

Thermite, used in steel welding, fireworks shows, hand grenades and demolition, can produce a chemical reaction known for extremely high temperatures focused in a very small area for a short period of time.

According to the Navy's Small Business Innovation Research, super-thermite "is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), which controls the export and import of defense-related material and services."

"This finding really goes beyond anything that has previously been shown," said Jones in a media advisory. "We had to use sophisticated tools to analyze the dust because this isn't just a typical explosive, RDX or CD4 or something -- this is a highly engineered material not readily available to just anyone."

"The cost and production rate of super-thermite composites has limited the use of these materials in DoD applications," claims the Navy's SBIR.

Dr. Steven E. Jones, a former physicist at Brigham Young University and a founding member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth & Justice, presented a paper in 2005 discussing alternatives to the government's theory that massive structural damage combined with burning jet fuel to weaken the towers' support infrastructure, causing a rapid "pancake" collapse.

In September 2006, under heavy criticism in the media and by several colleagues, the university placed Jones on paid administrative leave and his paper was removed from the BYU database.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology, which investigated the WTC tower collapses, maintains there was no recovered evidence of explosive materials. An electronic FAQ to the government's theory is available online.

"We get a lot of calls from people who have heard these theories," NIST spokesman Michael Newman told Newsday. "But we conducted what was probably the most complex investigation of a building collapse in history."

"We based our conclusion on the talents of the world's best engineers and scientists, state of the art computer models and 236 pieces of steel recovered from the site," reads the NIST FAQ.

"The collapse of the WTC towers was not caused either by a conventional building fire or even solely by the concurrent multi-floor fires that day," NIST says. "Instead, NIST concluded that the WTC towers collapsed because: (1) the impact of the planes severed and damaged support columns, dislodged fireproofing insulation coating the steel floor trusses and steel columns, and widely dispersed jet fuel over multiple floors; and (2) the subsequent unusually large, jet-fuel ignited multi-floor fires weakened the now susceptible structural steel."

"No building in the United States has ever been subjected to the massive structural damage and concurrent multi-floor fires that the towers experienced on Sept. 11, 2001," the agency claims.

This latest report, Jones told Visibility 9/11, "explodes the official story that 'no evidence' exists for explosive/pyrotechnic materials in the WTC buildings. The red/gray chips are the 'loaded gun' of 9-11."

Joe Byrne contributed to this report.

Editor's note: This story has been updated and rewritten for balance and clarity.

[L[Quote]] · 1964 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

The Open Chemical Physics Journal

Volume 2
ISSN: 1874-4125

d Trade Center. Examination of four of these samples, collected from separate sites, is reported in this paper. These red/gray chips show marked similarities in all four samples. One sample was collected by a Manhattan resident about ten minutes after the collapse of the second WTC Tower, two the next day, and a fourth about a week later. The properties of these chips were analyzed using optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy (XEDS), and diff........%20%20%0D%0A%20%20%0D%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.bentham-open.org/pages/content.php?TOCPJ/2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCPJ.SGM%20%20%20%0D%0A%20%20%0D%0AYou%20may%20also%20view%20all%20titles%20at:%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bentham-open.org%0A%0ABest%20regards,">

Contents

Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe
  pp.7-31 (25) Authors: Niels H. Harrit, Jeffrey Farrer, Steven E. Jones, Kevin R. Ryan, Frank M. Legge, Daniel Farnsworth, Gregg Roberts, James R. Gourley, Bradley R. Larsen
doi: 10.2174/1874412500902010007

Abstract

We have discovered distinctive red/gray chips in all the samples we have studied of the dust produced by the destruction of the World Trade Center. Examination of four of these samples, collected from separate sites, is reported in this paper. These red/gray chips show marked similarities in all four samples. One sample was collected by a Manhattan resident about ten minutes after the collapse of the second WTC Tower, two the next day, and a fourth about a week later. The properties of these chips were analyzed using optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy (XEDS), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The red material contains grains approximately 100 nm across which are largely iron oxide, while aluminum is contained in tiny plate-like structures. Separation of components using methyl ethyl ketone demonstrated that elemental aluminum is present. The iron oxide and aluminum are intimately mixed in the red material. When ignited in a DSC device the chips exhibit large but narrow exotherms occurring at approximately 430 °C, far below the normal ignition temperature for conventional thermite. Numerous iron-rich spheres are clearly observed in the residue following the ignition of these peculiar red/gray chips. The red portion of these chips is found to be an unreacted thermitic material and highly energetic.

Keywords: JScanning electron microscopy, X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy, Differential scanning calorimetry, DSC analysis, World Trade Center, WTC dust, 9/11, Iron-rich microspheres, Thermite, Super-thermite, Energetic nanocomposites, Nano-thermite
Affiliation: Department of Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, DK-2100, Denmark.
[L[Quote]] · 1963 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

What a load of c rap.

There were no explosives in the WTC.  The towers were hit by planes.  It's simple.  Plus you do not understand the differece in the engineering of the WTC Towers compared to other buildings.  No explosives were needed.

Remember 9-11 was the second attack, first was during clintoris' admin.  Where they tried bombing the towers foundation.

I think some people want to create a national scandal like the JFK assassination.  You do know that NYC has had a good number of buildings brought down by demolition over the years and the "super thermite" could have been used in one of those demolitions before becoming a controlled substance.  There is no chain of evidence.  People seem to forget that the WTC was previously attacked by the same people.  And how do you explain the planes?

True, it was mighty good luck that the Pentagon plane went in the side with the fewest people and the plane destined for the White House or Capital Hill (presumably) never made it.  Still I really don't understand why people think the official explanation of the WTC collapse is wrong.  It seems perfectly plausible to me.

This subject has been beaten to death 50 times over.

"One sample was collected by a Manhattan resident about ten minutes after the collapse of the second WTC Tower, two the next day, and a fourth about a week later.

This is the most rediculas claim I've herd yet, that 10 minutes later someone was collecting a dust sample.  Nobody was thinking "I better get a dust sample" when the WTC just fell right around the corner.  

The study, however, shows that the dust was collected from four different sites, three of which were not in the immediate area surrounding the fallen towers. Most of the samples are collections of dust taken from blocks away.

If you were collecting dust and debree to test, and suspected such a thing as Thermite, you would get it from as close as possible to the WTC. In that first week, anyone could have walked very close or been in ground zero to do that, even if they volunteered to work digging.  The roads in and out were a mess, and samples from real close were easy to get.  Thousands of volunteers that first week were all over ground zero, so getting dust samples would have  been easy.  3 out of 4 collecting sites were not in the immediate area???? Give me a break!  This screwball idea of Thermite was not dreamed up 10 minutes after the collapse. 

[L[Quote]] · 1962 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

The thermate/thermite thing is blatant " disinfo " it's meant to confuse anyone who may be interested in the real truth of what happened on 9-11. Jones is a tool of the Government as are most all of those out front in the truth movement.  If you don't believe that just contact any of them and ask about another/different theory, one that opposes theirs and watch what happens. They all defend their ground like dogs guarding bones. That's meant to keep all the researchers chasing their tails, so far it's worked.

The thing that pisses me off most about 9-11 is that those set in stone refuse to even think about how ridiculous it is to believe anything other thna what they've been told happened, or what they saw on TV.

It was lightweight concrete and that's why it made so much dust, no that was the gypsum planking,Laughing You see it's lightweight concrete right up until it collapsed, they it turned to stuff so heavy the lower floors couldn't provide any real resistance, it switched back to lightweight concrete when one started looking through the debris for evidence, only you have to have security clearance to do that.

All the dust that covered the area after the collapse was merely peoples imaginations. Never mind some of it blew a mile down wind.

Richard Gage is the latest Government mouth piece ( IMHO ) I know someone who pinned him down on controlled demo, controlled demo was impossible on 9-11, yet he pushes it. He does so because he knows it wasn't the culprit, setting it up would have been impossible to do undetected. When pressured about it he falls back on Jones and Thermate/thermite, another impossibility. THAT'S WHY IT GETS, AND HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH. It would have been impossible to set up undetected, so those who believe it, post it, talk about it as being the method are all alloed to look like fools as they unwittingly do the perps bidding.

Beaten to death for sure, that's the whole idea.

Cole

I think some people want to create a national scandal like the JFK assassination.  You do know that NYC has had a good number of buildings brought down by demolition over the years and the "super thermite" could have been used in one of those demolitions before becoming a controlled substance.  There is no chain of evidence.  People seem to forget that the WTC was previously attacked by the same people.  And how do you explain the planes?

True, it was mighty good luck that the Pentagon plane went in the side with the fewest people and the plane destined for the White House or Capital Hill (presumably) never made it.  Still I really don't understand why people think the official explanation of the WTC collapse is wrong.  It seems perfectly plausible to me.

Laughing There was no plane at the Pentagon, if there was the FBI wouldn't deny ( AS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY ) all of the foia requests for the video. Can you, will you answer a question:

There was no plane wreckage, very very little, if any 767 wreckage to speak of. Most say " so fast " " so hot " " so big an explosion " that the plane simply disintigrated. NOW~~If that's true then how were they able to identify, supposedly, everyone on board via DNA?

This is where they made their biggest mistake, there was essentially  ZERO wreckage and that's most likely because there was no plane.

Cole

There was no plane wreckage, very very little, if any 767 wreckage to speak of.

There was no pink elephant in my living room, just those very very little footprints. 

You see it's lightweight concrete right up until it collapsed, they it turned to stuff so heavy the lower floors couldn't provide any real resistance, it switched back to lightweight concrete

It changed weight, than switched back to the same weight again?  You could make a fortune if that was a Cinderella diet plan, where you were thin for an evening date, and got fat again at midnight.

The thing that pisses me off most about 9-11 is that those set in stone refuse to even think about how ridiculous it is to believe anything other thna what they've been told happened, or what they saw on TV.

Cole

Just don't put me in that category.  I am willing to listen to ideas backed up by evidence.  The most common attitude of the 9-11 truth group is that anytime someone doesn't immediately see things their way they want to take their ball and go home.  If you are going to propose controversial theories then you have to stand behind them.  You have to stand up to criticism.  Otherwise you look like you don't really believe what you are saying.

I was an eye witness to something on 9-11 that I don't feel comfortable discussing on the web.  The hidden hand of government was not hidden that day.  One unnamed 3-letter agency was right in our face.  This is real stuff, not theory.  All I can say is that I never would have believed that the government could erase something from every server accessible from the United States in less than 24 hours but I saw it happen.  And no one talked.  Damn!  Like it never happened.

There was no plane at the Pentagon, if there was the FBI wouldn't deny ( AS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY ) all of the foia requests for the video. Can you, will you answer a question:

There was no plane wreckage, very very little, if any 767 wreckage to speak of. Most say " so fast " " so hot " " so big an explosion " that the plane simply disintigrated. NOW~~If that's true then how were they able to identify, supposedly, everyone on board via DNA?

Cole

Yeah, I can answer that question.  I don't know.

But I'll tell you what I do know.  Any video of the Pentagon would be unreleasable for the following reason.  Its illegal to film government buildings.  They have to follow the law and yes they might WANT to follow the law in this case.  The parking lot video in not useful due to it being a snapshot camera and the rate being too slow.  A 500 mph plane could easily slip thru between frames.

The quantity of wreckage is a hard sell.  How do you know the quantity?  I have seen airliner crash sites and they sometimes don't leave much of a trace.  Things do disintegrate at high temp.  The problem is that no one was allowed to film the wreckage removal for the same reason given above.

The DNA evidence is obviously a problem but they may have simply wanted to give the families closure.  Yes, you could theorize that they didn't want family members launching investigations either.

I posted this mostly so that I could find the PDF again and read more about the participants of the article and the methodology used.

I find it odd that they only found 4 people with ash.  I was here when Mt. St. Helens blew and in every gift shop you could find trinkets made out of that ash.  Mind you, in many areas the ash was really thick, say a foot or more.  In Seattle we didn't get as much as Spokane got.  But still, I'd think that more people would have picked up some as, as a souvenier or something.

My personal conclusion was that the metholdology used wasn't very scientific.  At the most they found that these particular samples had thermite in them.  There was nothing to prevent the owners of the samples from tampering with the ash.  Oh, and this group didn't call for samples until 2006?  Why not immediately?

Laughing There was no plane at the Pentagon, if there was the FBI wouldn't deny ( AS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY ) all of the foia requests for the video. Can you, will you answer a question:

This is where they made their biggest mistake, there was essentially  ZERO wreckage and that's most likely because there was no plane.

Cole

Then why were so many plane parts found at the Pentagon and so many people saw the plane fly over.

It's amazing how idiotic people chose to be.

[L[Quote]] · 1961 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

" I was an eye witness to something on 9-11 that I don't feel comfortable discussing on the web.  The hidden hand of government was not hidden that day.  One unnamed 3-letter agency was right in our face.  This is real stuff, not theory.  All I can say is that I never would have believed that the government could erase something from every server accessible from the United States in less than 24 hours but I saw it happen.  And no one talked.  Damn!  Like it never happened"

Quiet now, don't open any cans of worms on the new BV, SOMEONE may be watching. Yes the Government was already in place on 9-11, FBI, CIA, and Military were all active prior to the staged attacks ( IMHO ) It would have been the only way that they could have controlled the situation and the information.

They almost immediately started stripping any and all Information about the Towers form all public source domains, You name it, it's been scrubbed.

I wasn't trying to place you in a group, sorry if you took it that way. I personally have one theory about 9-11 and it's a simple one. " I DON'T BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL ACCOUNT " It has way too many holes in it.

As for the truth movement, I believe it was set up from within as a means of controlling, and at the same time confusing the issue, thus keeping anyone researching, looking~~~~~~off balance and chasing their tails.

That's why you have people who defend their theory and will not listen or accept any other. They are not supposed to, their job is to stay on script and keep pushing the theory that they have been assigned.

I know things I don't speak of on the web as well, I learned my lesson in that regard when I first discovered that 9-11 was indeed a staged event made especially for prime time viewing.

Greeney~~~~~~~~surely you know I was making a joke about people who talk out of both sides of their mouths when it comes to 9-11. Oh it was the weight for above, but hey wait a minute that was special light weight, ( FOR THE FLOORS ) concrete. Only it turned to dust prior to impact of the floors below~~~~~~~~~~~~that's some heavy dust brother~~~~~~~~~~must have been some special wind as to carry it for miles, ( being so heavy and all )Tongue out

Jaack~~~ I think we both know that I'm not an IDIOT! Further~~did a plane fly over the Pentagon, or into it?Laughing

Where's your evidence that it flew over, and not into the building? Are you a Scientist?Tongue out

You know you have to be a Scientist or PHD to get a seat at this table now don't ya!  All other opinions, thoughts, ideas, common sense, is dismissed because you're not educated enough to know what you're thinking, so in short you don't matter. Just turn the TV back on, get out your popcorn, and listen to us!Laughing

WE'll tell YOU~~What happened on 9-11~~~~~~~~~~~and you'll like it!

Big Brother~~~~~~ColeLaughing

Cole

Just don't put me in that category.  I am willing to listen to ideas backed up by evidence.  The most common attitude of the 9-11 truth group is that anytime someone doesn't immediately see things their way they want to take their ball and go home.  If you are going to propose controversial theories then you have to stand behind them.  You have to stand up to criticism.  Otherwise you look like you don't really believe what you are saying.

I was an eye witness to something on 9-11 that I don't feel comfortable discussing on the web.  The hidden hand of government was not hidden that day.  One unnamed 3-letter agency was right in our face.  This is real stuff, not theory.  All I can say is that I never would have believed that the government could erase something from every server accessible from the United States in less than 24 hours but I saw it happen.  And no one talked.  Damn!  Like it never happened.

The powers that be erased (I mean cleaned) two months - from November through December up to January first (I believe...if memory serves me right) 1999 - 2000 - out w/ the public access  reports; clean off of the D.O.D. sight. The media cutely announced at 10:30 A.M. January 4th on national T.V. that at the stroke of midnight January2000 a quadrant or portion of the N.O.R.A.D. security screen had blinked out leaving us wide open to undetected missle strikes...they announced it after the problem was solved. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I witnessed that. There was no bug (they could completely sweep under some rug)...not even a little itty bitty one. The D.O.D. info was wiped off, or had been removed, on or about 01 or 02 Jan. 2000. It's a damn ggood thing that the massive most of those embeded chips world wide weren't date sensitive....but then there was nothing to worry about; just 'cause the nations of the world spent only a bit less than trillion dollars to avoid a possible y2k calamity doesn't mean there ever really was a problem...now does it....

p.s. ..planes took the towers down...I found evidence of an Indian in my back yard....must a been a massacre...if I could only find a feather....around here...that didn't come from a bird....

p.s. ..planes took the towers down...I found evidence of an Indian in my back yard....must a been a massacre...if I could only find a feather....around here...that didn't come from a bird...

I hear ya brother. I was clearing brush this past Saturday, busting ass in hopes of beating this every other day rain and wind. I had a full arm load of limbs when I stepped out from behind one of my big Oaks, it was then that I was knocked on my ass by a Female TurkeySurprised You had to see it to believe it, it was if a bowling ball had hit my skull. She flew another 100 yards before she lit in my neighbors front yard with me following in a trot to see WTF just hit me.

A few seconds later a Cooper's hawk landed in a tree near where I was working and stayed a half hour screaming at the top of it's lungs, no more than 50 ft away. I thought maybe it had chased the Turkey but there's no way a Cooper can take down a full grown Turkey, no way. But hey maybe their food source has dried up from all the Global warming, never mind the freeze we've had two nights this week. Naw it must have been a coyote, or a big ole Tom in heat!Laughing

No wonder Geese can take down Planes, and no wonder ( based on the impact I felt ) those Towers never had a chanceLaughing

I just wish my neighbor, who was buring brush a hundred yards away,  would have seen the Turkey to validate my experience. Only when I yelled out " It was a God damned Turkey "  all he did was flip me the Bird. Just a misunderstanding I'm sure!

Cole

" I was an eye witness to something on 9-11 that I don't feel comfortable discussing on the web.

Boloney, you just discussed it mentioning it!

I personally have one theory about 9-11 and it's a simple one. " I DON'T BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL ACCOUNT " It has way too many holes in it.

Your theory has a lot of holes in it too, like zero step by step senerio, how they planned and planted explosives undetected?  How the hit the exact floors with 2 airplanes different on each building? How they did this in a building with security and maintinance staff 24/7, 365 days a year?

Like I said, this subject has been beaten to death, and no iron clad senerio has ever been presented, just lots of questions and lots of critizing official reports that are believable.  

Like I said, this subject has been beaten to death, and no iron clad senerio has ever been presented, just lots of questions and lots of critizing official reports that are believable.  

Exactly. I don’t like either the `office` account or many of the conspiracies.

I did here one that I like though, I’m not sure were or when, but I think it said that the towers were going to be pulled down in the year 2020 (ish) and that they were reinsured just a few months before.

Don’t know if I’m right. Might have dreamt it.Undecided

" I was an eye witness to something on 9-11 that I don't feel comfortable discussing on the web.

Boloney, you just discussed it mentioning it!

I personally have one theory about 9-11 and it's a simple one. " I DON'T BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL ACCOUNT " It has way too many holes in it.

Your theory has a lot of holes in it too, like zero step by step senerio, how they planned and planted explosives undetected?  How the hit the exact floors with 2 airplanes different on each building? How they did this in a building with security and maintinance staff 24/7, 365 days a year?

Greeney~~~I was quoting CodeBlackI HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT.  Like wise I hope you're actually reading what people post on this topic instead of closing your mind as soon as you see something you don't agree with.

Why are you so quick to believe the official story?

Is it possible that those Towers were indeed built to demolish? In other words built to be pulled down just like they collapsed. That would go far to explain why NOBODY saw anything out of the ordinary despite who was in charge of security.

Further:  Have you ever gone to any Library in the US and looked for anything in regard to the construction of those Towers? YOU WON'T FIND ANYTHING PRE 9-11~~~~~~~~~~Most everything you'll find is copy-righted POST 9-11. WHY IS THAT?

Controlled Demo is pushed because it wasn't a controlled demo, it was something other, so asking about how they set it up undetected is the fail safe for pushing it, it just isn't plausible, let alone possible so all who believe it and speak of it are looked upon as fools by people like you because you refuse to accept the fact that it is very very possible that the necessary explosives were already in place. WHY IS THIS?

This world despite what some want to believe isn't completely " BLACK AND WHITE " If is was this board would have been pulled years ago!

Chasing UFO's while dissing those you have questions about what actually took place on 9-11 is a strange brew IMHO!

Did you know that Dr Steven Jones was asked to step aside, leave the truth movement by those from within and he has REFUSED TO DO SO. Now I ask you: You has a vested interest in staying where they are not welcome?

The truth movement is a joke and has been from the start. It's intent was/is to make those who ask questions look like fools in the eyes of the public by simple ASSOCIATION:

Here's one of their leaders: Yeah the other Jones~~ SEE ANYTHING YOU CAN IDENTIFY WITH? ANYTHING AT ALL?

Guys like this NEVER come out of NO WHERE.

Cole