Please help me with some settings.

[L[Quote]] · 1933 days ago · [L[-1 points]] ·

Hello.  My name is mael.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you people.

How do I add an avatar?  How do I add a sig?

Yeah!  I know ... I have to click the right button! -  But where is it?  I can't find it.

Ta ever so

[L[Quote]] · 1933 days ago · [L[1 points]] ·

And whilst you're about it could you also tell me what the flags do?  And what was the other thing???????????????  Ah yes!  How do you reply/quote.

Thank you muchly

[L[Quote]] · 1932 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

New start mael?Laughing

For the quote: Look at were the date is and it’s just to the right.

For the avatar: click on `My profile` then click where the head is then click `browse`, then the image you want (it hast to be saved onto your P.C I think), then click `make primary`. Done.

Sig: no idea.

Flag: no idea.

Laughing

New start mael?Laughing

For the quote: Look at were the date is and it’s just to the right.

For the avatar: click on `My profile` then click where the head is then click `browse`, then the image you want (it hast to be saved onto your P.C I think), then click `make primary`. Done.

Sig: no idea.

Flag: no idea.

Laughing

Thank ye!  Thank ye!

*  Can someone tell me what the flagging/unflagging does?  What is it for?  How is it normally used?

*  And the cig!  I need a cig!  I can't give up!

Oh yes!

How can I get email notifications of a reply on a thread I've invaded?

I'm having a lot of problems.  I think it's antisemetism.

[L[Quote]] · 1932 days ago · [L[1 points]] ·

Press the flag button and see what happens.

After you’ve done that post something and then check your e-mails to see if it has sent you anything.

[L[Quote]] · 1932 days ago · [L[1 points]] ·

The sig is not the headline in your profile.

Press the flag button and see what happens.

After you’ve done that post something and then check your e-mails to see if it has sent you anything.

I tried that first.  I didn't notice any notifications.

The area where a photo might be isn't left-clickable so i assume you mean I have to do a right click.

This presents a problem.  This computer is completely Japanese and I don't understand half the things in the menus that spring up.

Please tell me the letter in brackets of the menu you get when you right-click that area and I might get further.

*  Not much was clickable in the 'my profile' area.  A few downward pointing arrows but nothing to click on except some music area which I haven't used.

I would like to get an avatar up there.

Sorry it’s changed.

Under the home button and FOIA there is a thing there profile pictures click the browse button then the image you want (it hast to be saved onto your P.C I think), then click `make primary`. Done.

Yes, must be saved to your PC in the location you prefer. However I'm pretty certain that this new site is a CMS. That would go far to explain why the software refuses to capture linked material from the FF browser.

I can cut and paste away with no problems it just kills any linked material, and that's purely the result of a security issue.

The evidence of that is that I can copy any link posted into my browser and be directed right to the content, this indicates that the NEW BV SITE is blocking FF links.

Cole

PS. Another proof of the bug is the built in spell check of FF. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn'tLaughing

[L[Quote]] · 1931 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

There is nothing under 'home' which says 'profile pictures.'

And if I press 'home' I don't find 'profile pictures' either

I can find the profile, which isn't helpful, and I can find 'edit profile,' which is similarly useless.

Loading the avatar on my computer is something i can probably manage if I try enough combinations with the Japanese titles, but I cannot get to the place where you are supposed to be able to create an avatar.

Perhaps I should ask John?  Perhaps I should look to see if there is a section here (forum) which is for people having problems with the settings here?

Well ...  I feel  ... abandoned ... and lonely ... no one loves me.

Would someone be so kind as to explain step-by-step how they got their avatars up.

Do the explaining in such a way that even a complete idiot could follow.  Cool

1). Go to the top of the page.

2). Up where it says hello mael, click `my account` (the first one).

3). You should now have things like `members info`, `contacts` and all the rest.

4). Click where the gray head is.

5). Now you should have a screen open with two boxes open.

The first one is under `title ( 150 characters left )

The second has the browse button on it’s right.

6). Click browse.

7). Find and click the file you want.

8). Click open.

9). Fill the title out. (call it whatever you want).

10). Click submit.

11). Then click on the image you wan (at the bottom), then click make primary. \

12) done.

Beat me to it, Lash... thanks for helping out :)

Beat me to it, Lash... thanks for helping out :)

that's alright mate :)

[L[Quote]] · 1930 days ago · [L[0 points]] ·

I'm not sure anyone here can give you the help you really need Mael. :P (can't get the new emotes to work).

I don't think signatures have been enacted yet.  Jaack has a wishlist started here:

http://community.theblackvault.com/orca/#topic/Beta-Board-Wish-List.htm

The votes on the right of posts, I believe, are to give a thumbs up/down to a post.  The "report post" reports the post to John for his review.  There are no more mods (YEAH!) so we'll be policing ourselves.

Also on the wishlist is to have email notification about certain threads.  I'm sure it's in the works.

Oh, and may I be so bold as to suggest an image to go with your name?

http://www.gameguru.in/images/maelstrom-cover.jpg

Dang...I can't get the pictures rights either. :(

OK, I know what the + - signs do.  I gave your first two posts one of each.  Ooh, and we can even hide replies from people we don't want to have to wade through.  I'm really going to be using that one. 

Ooh, and we can even hide replies from people we don't want to have to wade through.  I'm really going to be using that one. 

Holy frickin moley batman!

Soooooo tempting...