A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Alien Abduction (2014)
March 30, 2015
1:56 pm
adamwarlock2099
Members
Forum Posts: 673
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I just watched this film this weekend, and enjoyed it fairly well.  I think that it was made to be more of a horror/scare film that happen to have aliens as the antagonist.  It didn't seem on the level of Fire In The Sky, Fourth Kind, Communion, etc., more about the humans dealing with the abduction and what the aliens did, and more about making the aliens scary a$$holes.  Not to argue that just because a species has a superior intellect that they can't squander it on violence.

Anyway, my question was more if there is any basis for this movie, as in the family itself.  I know that the Brown Mountains are hot spots for UFO activity and of course the stories then start about alien abductions.  I hadn't done a whole lot of looking into it, as I didn't get much time this weekend to myself, but I thought if anyone could post some articles and links or share what they know, I'd be this forum.  Though from what little I did find, relating to the movie, I think it's a lot like Lunopolis, where it's presented as real or based on real happenings, but mostly fictional.

"That's the problem with drinking ... If something bad happens you drink in attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen." -- Charles Bukowski

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10129

bionic: 9870

at1with0: 9243

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 23126

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 32

Topics: 8345

Newest Members:

Elijah, Monique, michael, L, Valsamos Scarlatos, BeautyEarthComing, Depa72, Georgina, Sabre, soradsauce

Administrators: John Greenewald: 435, blackvault: 1777