REALLY must see instuctional videos | Religion Spirituality | Forum

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
REALLY must see instuctional videos
October 14, 2010
5:54 am
Avatar
Ninor
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 695
Member Since:
April 10, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Along the same lines as Thomas's Christian *instructional videos*, I thought I'd post the Atheist version.

http://theatheisthandbook.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to comment and discuss.

October 14, 2010
5:55 am
Avatar
Nesaie
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1452
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

lol

Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky

October 14, 2010
6:24 am
Avatar
Ninor
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 695
Member Since:
April 10, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Nesaie" wrote: lol

That's not much of a "comment" Nesaie, care to elaborate???

October 14, 2010
6:29 am
Avatar
frrostedman
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3815
Member Since:
September 4, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'll be happy to watch the videos you recommend. The link you posted is to a blog that has so many links and crap attached to it that with a very robust CPU and 35mbps up/down bandwidth my computer repeatedly froze trying to load the page.

Do you have anything specific I could look at, and in advance, I'd like to request that the speaker be at least 50% as eloquent and educated as the one I posted.

Thanks and I will watch your videos. Will you do the same for me?

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein

October 14, 2010
7:04 am
Avatar
Ninor
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 695
Member Since:
April 10, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"frrostedman" wrote: I'll be happy to watch the videos you recommend. The link you posted is to a blog that has so many links and crap attached to it that with a very robust CPU and 35mbps up/down bandwidth my computer repeatedly froze trying to load the page.

Wow, it sucks to be running a P1 processor on dial-up eh Tom? Maybe it's time to join the 21st century?

"frrostedman" wrote:
Do you have anything specific I could look at, and in advance, I'd like to request that the speaker be at least 50% as eloquent and educated as the one I posted.

Nope, it's all right there in plain english. So sorry it's not in made up BS like you're used to ... I guess you'll just have to think for yourself for a change, instead of blindly swallowing the shiat that you're spoon fed.

"frrostedman" wrote:
Thanks and I will watch your videos. Will you do the same for me?

Yup, as soon as you post a link to the same information that isn't just a big advertisement for christianity.

Thanks again!

October 14, 2010
8:06 am
Avatar
frrostedman
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3815
Member Since:
September 4, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I stand by what I said. If you can't provide something other than a convoluted, abortion of a webpage that doesn't even work, well then you aren't even serious about this at all, are you.

I just went back to the page. I sat and watched as image after image struggled to load, while I heard in the background "click" "click" "click" which is the sound of additional ads and links populating. I tried scrolling down, it wouldn't scroll. I tried clicking the very first video. Nothing happened.

The last time I struggled with a webpage that functioned that horribly, I ended up with a virus.

Again, if you can't do better than that, then it's clear you don't have any intention of learning or helping others learn.

And we both know what you're hanging around in the religious forum--or for that matter the bv itself--for. It's all just one big battle forum to you where you can take out your hostilities against all the people you loathe to the core. If you can only make these people you hate miserable... then alas, you can say you had a good day on the bv.

You don't deserve the few minutes I've spent typing so don't expect this kind of attention to continue. I know you love all the attention, especially when you can get a real good fight going, but... you won't get that from me. Nope.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein

October 14, 2010
8:33 am
Avatar
Ninor
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 695
Member Since:
April 10, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"frrostedman" wrote: I stand by what I said. If you can't provide something other than a convoluted, abortion of a webpage that doesn't even work, well then you aren't even serious about this at all, are you.

It works great on my computer, I suspect there must be an ID10T error on your side.

"frrostedman" wrote:
I just went back to the page. I sat and watched as image after image struggled to load, while I heard in the background "click" "click" "click" which is the sound of additional ads and links populating. I tried scrolling down, it wouldn't scroll. I tried clicking the very first video. Nothing happened.

They're *videos* Thomas, not "images", they have to preload/stream before you can view them. If you're on any kind of high-speed connection it should only take a minute for them to load.

"frrostedman" wrote:
The last time I struggled with a webpage that functioned that horribly, I ended up with a virus.

Yeah, you must be talking about the Pr0N sites you frequent, they're chalk-a-block full of malware, adware and viruses. I can guarantee you that the link I posted is clean. Nice try at trying to discredit it though.

"frrostedman" wrote:
Again, if you can't do better than that, then it's clear you don't have any intention of learning or helping others learn.

I can do lots better than that site, not that it matters to people like you though.

"frrostedman" wrote:
And we both know what you're hanging around in the religious forum--or for that matter the bv itself--for. It's all just one big battle forum to you where you can take out your hostilities against all the people you loathe to the core. If you can only make these people you hate miserable... then alas, you can say you had a good day on the bv.

Wow Thomas, you really have some issues, don't you? Last I looked, the "Religious" forum was open to all religious views and opinions, not just christian/fundamentalist ones. Maybe you should partition John and his dad to change it's name and/or the rules to have it restricted to views that only agree with yours ... is your faith really that weak that you can't stand differing points of view Thomas???

"frrostedman" wrote:
You don't deserve the few minutes I've spent typing so don't expect this kind of attention to continue.

Evidently I do or you wouldn't have taken those "few minutes" to post a response in the first place.

"frrostedman" wrote:
I know you love all the attention, especially when you can get a real good fight going, but... you won't get that from me. Nope.

I don't "love" the attention, on the contrary, you seem to have quite a little following built up here on the site of those whose views are just as locked in and inarguable as yours are, and I'm sure they'll be at least four other posters who'll try to tear me a new a-hole for my posts ... but in the end, it's you/them who'll be showing how much they like the "attention" it brings them.

October 14, 2010
8:42 am
Avatar
Ninor
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 695
Member Since:
April 10, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Here's a direct YouTube link to a video along the same lines of the link I posted:

The rest of the videos in the series can be found to the right of the main video.

Please enjoy and discuss.

October 14, 2010
9:52 am
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10166
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Maybe you should partition John and his dad to change it's name and/or the rules to have it restricted to views that only agree with yours

What is going to happen is we are going to go by the rules, so either the trolling and baiting stops by everyone, or there will be topics locked, or sent to the battle forum. View the videos and discuss them, but knock the crap off. If you don't like it, PM John about it.

October 14, 2010
2:58 pm
Avatar
Halfabo
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 650
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Ninor" wrote: Here's a direct YouTube link to a video along the same lines of the link I posted:

The rest of the videos in the series can be found to the right of the main video.

Please enjoy and discuss.

The first thing I noticed about this video is that who ever made it, claims he is a former ordained minister of "religion". What religion? The little bit of the video I wasted my time watching clearly showed he had no understanding of Christian theology. So clearly he was not an ordained Christian minister. I don't put much stock in "authorities" of questionable integrity.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
33 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10166

bionic: 9870

at1with0: 9243

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 23670

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 32

Topics: 8548

Posts: 122756

Newest Members:

Donald Mitchell, skippy mccracken, Henweielts, Athena, Athena, Athena, ocodevohu, yxufuguj, Sue Scott, prophetofjustice

Administrators: John Greenewald: 518, blackvault: 1777