In the past month , I have felt a desire to thank the angels more than ever have previously for their dedication devotion and service to The Holy Trinity. Those that chose to obey and do the will of God did so from their own free will , and I have come to realize how much I have taken them for granted, or not even acknowledged them, especially my own guardian angel , and the guardian angels of those I love so much.
I'm sure there are souls here who have great appreciation for the angels, and give them honor and thanks daily , but maybe there are some , like myself, who needed a reminder of the great role they play in creation and in the plans of Our Loving Father. These are the angels who did NOT refuse to bow down before before the image of Christ in human form , and who continuously serve God with joy , love and obedience.
I have been told that we need to ask our angels (invoke their help) because there is a law of angels . I took this excerpt from the following link.
http://www.guardianangel.in/ga/27-OL-10 ... Angel.html
Ask help with your Angels
You must ask your guardian angels for help even though they're permanently stationed by your side. Angels want to surround us but can't help us unless we ask. A universal law that binds angels state: "No Angels shall interfere with human's life unless asked with the exception being a life-threatening emergency".
Here is a chaplet of prayer I stumbled upon in my search for prayers, from the following link.
THE CHAPLET OF ST. MICHAEL, THE ARCHANGEL
History: The history of this chaplet goes back to a devout Servant of God, Antonia d'Astonac, who had a vision of St. Michael. He told Antonia to honor him by nine salutations to the nine Choirs of Angels. St. Michael allegedly promised that whoever would practice this devotion in his honor would have, when approaching Holy Communion, an escort of nine angels chosen from each of the nine Choirs. In addition, for those who would recite the Chaplet daily, he promised his continual assistance and the assistance of all holy angels during one's life.
Method: These are the prayers and text to be recited for this chaplet:
O God, come to my assistance, O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father, etc. (Say one Our Father and three Hail Marys after each of the following nine salutations in honor of the nine Choirs of Angels)
1. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Seraphim may the Lord make us worthy to burn with the fire of perfect charity. Amen.
2. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Cherubim may the Lord grant us the grace to leave the ways of sin and run in the paths of Christian perfection. Amen.
3. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Thrones may the Lord infuse into our hearts a true and sincere spirit of humility. Amen.
4. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Dominions may the Lord gives us grace to govern our senses and overcome any unruly passions. Amen.
5. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Powers may the Lord protect our souls against the snares and temptations of the devil. Amen.
6. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Virtues may the Lord preserve us from evil and falling into temptation. Amen.
7. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Principalities may God fill our souls with a true spirit of obedience. Amen.
8. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Archangels may the Lord give us perseverance in faith and in all good works in order that we may attain the glory of Heaven. Amen.
9. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial choir of Angels may the Lord grant us to be protected by them in this mortal life and conducted in the life to come in Heaven. Amen.
Say one Our Father in honor of each of the following leading Angels: St. Michael, St Gabriel, St. Raphael, and Our Guardian Angel.
O glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable conductor, you who shine with excellence and superhuman virtue, deliver us from all evil, who turn to you with confidence and enable us by your gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day. Pray for us, O glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ, that we may be made worthy of His promises. Almighty and Everlasting God, Who, by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael Prince of Your Church, make us worthy, we ask You, to be delivered from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of death, but that we may be conducted by him into Your Presence. This we ask through the merits of Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
In my search to understand all these choirs of angels , I searched , and have decided to add the link from Wikipedia describing all of them. I understand Wikipedia may not be a trusted source for some of you, but at the bottom of the page are many links by authors who have researched and written about angels, and served as the bibliography for the content. It was a fascinating read for me, and I had no idea what some of these choirs of angels actually appeared as.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_ ... _hierarchy
I hope some of this information is of interest to you, and hopefully inspires some of you who have not invited your guardian angels to help you, to remember they are there for you, and have a great love for you and a desire to help you , as well as the the angels of other choirs.
Saint Pio , the stigmatic of Italy communicated with his angel constantly, and told the souls that required intercessory prayer from him that they did not need to write letters to him with their intentions, but simply send their angels to him, and they would reveal all intentions they need intercessory prayer for. He also said it was his guardian angel that translated all the letters he received in different languages for him to understand. it was well known that Padre Pio , now canonized St Pio, had the gift of reading multiple languages ,and it was he himself who revealed how he was able to do it.
May the love of Our Loving Father , His Son, and the Holy Spirit be with us all , and I pray with any of you who have concerns , troubles, and afflictions, that through the grace of Jesus you may receive comfort, hope, answers to your prayers, and above all the strength to carry your crosses.
Most Users Ever Online: 288
Currently Online: Jamie
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 2
Newest Members:Joanna, Melanie, chetney sessoms, Horatius, Express Documents, PaulDee094, Gary Wayne Ponder, AuthenticDocuments, matic mogan, nativembonyesiwe
Administrators: John Greenewald: 570, blackvault: 1776