A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Holy Cow 2015 !
December 30, 2014
3:00 am
greeney2
Members
Forum Posts: 10185
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Who would believe we are about to turn into the year 2015. Lets go backwards a little bit and put in in perspective. We have been with Obama 6 years already, and 2 more to go. The liberals complained about how bad it was with Bush, and thought it will all be better now, back to a "good" Democratic economy. 6 years later, the Obama deficit make Bush look like a drop in the bucket. We owe China an arm and 2 legs, we are paying to insure everyone who is broke at the cost of taking from Medicare, and taxing every business in the country. We have made the crime of illegally crossing into our borders a joke, enroll all their kids in schools we pay for, and pay for their travel to reach a relative. Now we will let them drive in this country. By the way something like 80% have already NOT reported to their check in points for their trials. Iraq turned into a blood bath, but Obama ended that war. We traded 5 of the worst terrorists for a deserter, who so far has not been punished. We let another spy and convicted Army Private named Bradley Manning tell this country, we now have to honor his right to a sex change and call him Chelsea Manning. Don't worry, Charles Manson is engaged and about to marry a carbon copy of the 3 girls who murdered Sharon Tate. He must be due for a brand new color TV now. So ask yourself, "Are you better off now than 6 years ago"? Oh did I mention Russia and Putin things we are a joke? No wonder with Obama telling not to worry about the missile shields, after the election he will get rid of them, so feel free to shoot down airliners anytime.

Yes that Bush was the worst thing ever for this country, Thank God we got Obama, who at least made Jimmy Carter the 2nd worst President ever. Where would you put Obama on the wishy washy scale of 1-10 with Bush a 10 making decisions and Obama apologizing to every country on earth for just about everything. With people like Al Sharpton on the team, how can we loose?

Seems like yesterday Y2K was the big scare. On New Years Day in 2000, we stayed an extra day at relatives afraid everything from traffic lights to gas station credit cards and street lighting were all going to go dark with the computers crashing. We left the 20th century for the 21st, and it even took several years for me to get used to withing 21st on the checks for my car insurance. We had left the Clinton years for 8 years with GWB. You may think he was horrible, but in no time in my life have I ever seen the country so united, from coast to coast, American flags flew on car windows, and on houses everyday. We all cheered when Bush said next to the firemen with the bullhorn, the USA was coming to get those who knocked these buildings down. What does Obama do last week when North Korea theatens our people if they go to the theater? He went to Hawaii and said we will do something later to you.

Seems like yesterday, all we saw in the news was Monica Lewinski and the President, and that people wanted a change from 8 years of Reagan and 4 years of Bush 41. The economy was tanking, and they feared a new period of Jimmy Carter double digit inflation. The Mother of all battles turned out to be a disaster for Sadaam Hussien, the world fearing Armageddon, and it was for the Iraqis Army that totally misjudged what they were about to encounter. Reagan marked the fall of the Berlin Wall, the beginning of the Space Shuttle Era, and a disease called AIDS, that would change to social habits of the world. We all know that story, marked by some of the most well know people contracting it and dying.

Carters years were a horrible inflation period nobody would out earn. Double digit inflation was driving prices up, and home prices to where no one would ever find affordable housing ever again. The prices were rising so fast, it was shocking, rents skyrocketed, and financing interest rates were driving businesses out. I changed career from the motorcycle business to aerospace, because interest rates made it impossible to stay in business. It affected the car, boat, RV, and other related businesses that depended on financing to sell. We had already had a recession with Ford and the end of the Viet Nam War, plus the Watergate years.

The 60's with JFK, LBJ, and Nixon were a time of profound events in the country, and my high school years. The Cuban Missile crisis had everyone afraid, I was 14 at the time. Our neighbors still had one of those bomb shelters being sold, as if they would do anything to save you. Russian detonated the biggest bomb of 50 megatons. JFK was assassinated, and LBJ escalated the war in Viet Nam, with my generation the one that was right in the middle of it. Half my friends were drafted or enlisted, the other half joined the hippy rebellion dodging the draft. I enlisted and spent my years in the Marine Reserves working on A-4 Skyhawks and OV10 Bronco jet aircraft. Some of my friends saw heavy duty combat and suffer today from those events. One of my best friends today with 2 purple hearts, suffers from Agent Orange caused cancer. The late sixties were full of war demonstrations, assassinations of MLK and RFK, Landing on the moon, and the beginning of a drug culture that still exists today. Boys grew up in those days with the military draft, and a sure understanding all young men have a "military obligation". Either you went to college, a trade school or the service, and if you didn't were 1'A and drafted. After 1973 kids have no idea what that is, and what it means. God help you if they bring it back, it will be a real culture shock.

I was a boy in the 50.s but Eisenhower and the 50's was a great military build up, and probably a time when aircraft, like today's computers became obsolete the next year as technology grew. ICBM's, nuclear weapons, the B-52, military might was the only alternative with Nikita Kruschev vowing to bury the USA. Putin may be on the same mission right now. The Television shows of that time, are now shown on cable TV and all G rated and as popular as they were in 1950. The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, I love Lucy, the Honeymooners, Cisco Kid, Our Miss Brooks, Oh Susanna, Amos and Andy. It was Elvis, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Rock and roll. I grew up with my Father a pioneer in aviation, working on the Bell X1, X2, and X5 and many other major programs.

The 40's I was born a baby boomer in 1947, the year of Roswell of all things, and the year Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier. I was a post WW2 baby, my Dad and Uncles served in the Navy and Army, and they came home the war was over, to live a good and free life. I was born and raised in Buffalo, very near Niagara Falls, shoveled a lot of snow as a kid when I got older. It was a special time in our period to grow up, with the midset of our parents wanting to be free and happy, forget the war years, a period when they just did not want to remember any of it, and probably all just lived with post traumatic stresses.

Before my time, the time of my parents and grandparents, they live through the depression or the 30's, prohibition of the 20's, and WW1.

My Grandparents were born in 1898 and 1900 at the turn of that century, and my parents 1915 and 1920. When I see we turn into 2015 on Thursday, my Mom was born 100 years ago. Hard to not take a look at the entire picture for me. Time marches on, and time brings on new and wonderful things, including a lot of change. When you think back to other times and other eras of your life, it sure makes you do a lot of reflecting.

So much for my ranting, the new year will be eventful and full for everyone I'm sure. For some just another new year, for others a bit of a milestone, like for me.

December 30, 2014
3:47 am
frrostedman
Members
Forum Posts: 3815

Nice timeline. Probably my oldest memory is that of the moon landing. I wasn't sure what all the hubbub was about but everyone's eyes were glued to the ol' black and white.

I'm sure Obama appreciates you glossing over all the major scandals his friends in the media kept a lid on as best a they could.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein

December 30, 2014
5:23 am
Taeko
Members
Forum Posts: 177

People who know me think I should tell them something of the future. I cannot tell them what decisions they will make since that is up to each us. We all have some freewill. However, there are events beyond out control. For 2015 the most important event is the drop in commodity prices. This will continue through the coming year. Countries that depend on high prices for resources will have difficulties, but manufacturing will benefit. Employment in the USA should continue steady. Watch out for that high stock market. Money is shifting from commodities to stocks now, but even stocks will fall back in 2015. I do not see a bank panic or recession. There will be some lower prices in stores due to lower prices for resources. There will be unrest in the world but no major wars. Expect plenty of political soap opera in Washington, but the politicians will do even less than last year and call the rest of us lazy. There will be no killer earthquakes or tsunami this year. Hurricanes and typhoons will even be below normal. The extremes in the weather that I have been seeing here in the mid west US will even moderate some. This sounds like a rather good year ahead, and I hope I am right on this.

When you can go out and see the universe, who wants to go look at a Russian submarine? (Melvin C. Riley, US Army Remote Viewer)

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
54 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10185

bionic: 9870

at1with0: 9243

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 23757

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 32

Topics: 8596

Newest Members:

gwaegeol, Grace, Andrew Hotchkiss, Em, PM ME UR NIGHT SKY, Victorious, StarShip4peace, fatima, Nathan Fountaine, mike

Administrators: John Greenewald: 526, blackvault: 1777